Pics of your listening space

So I wanted to freshly paint my listening room, which was a blue-tinted white. I wanted a warm, deep orange color, and went with a Behr paint called "Mandarin."

After spending several hours taping off the ceilings and other borders, removing the doors, tearing up the room, and painting two coats, the final results were not quite what I had in mind...

OcRDeod.jpg

aIHnh8p.jpg

I guess I have to start all over again next weekend...

This time, I'm gonna buy just a pint for starters and do a test patch first. :(

Houses in the Northeast rarely benefit from warm colors. I think you would like it better if it were much lighter shade of this color.

My kitchen is a very warm and light, baby chicken yellow, and it works well with the antique white stained cabinets and furniture. That might be another alternative along with painting the interior walls of the windows white.

Now when I am thinking...before repaint the entire room in different color, try what it is called "dropped down ceilings". All you need to do is to paint the top area of the walls with the color of the ceiling, in your case white. Kinda like this:
84a7d05256ed177fde54a489fd4cc235.jpg

You dont need to drop the ceiling color this far down, experiment and see what works for your room. Also, you do not need the wooden divider between the two colors. Sometimes its left alone, another option is to draw a thin line of a completely different darker color where the decorative wood piece is.

Good luck.

Best.

Soundork

650F09DC-92D3-40A3-8031-ECDC8B73C7C9.jpeg
my spot on the left end of green dbl recliner in foreground forms an equilateral triangle with the infinity speakers. i have gotten real good at just sitting through multiple cds

cd rack can be seen on right just around a corner. curtains on left side cover 2 pairs of french exterior doors

speakers are about 18” from wall behind. its a smallish room.

So I wanted to freshly paint my listening room, which was a blue-tinted white. I wanted a warm, deep orange color, and went with a Behr paint called "Mandarin."

After spending several hours taping off the ceilings and other borders, removing the doors, tearing up the room, and painting two coats, the final results were not quite what I had in mind...

OcRDeod.jpg

aIHnh8p.jpg

I guess I have to start all over again next weekend...

This time, I'm gonna buy just a pint for starters and do a test patch first. :(

Here's where I'm at with the orange room right now...

My plan is to keep the orange (I'm getting used to it), but I'm gonna paint the trim (indented bottoms of the walls, window sill, baseboard heater) Ben Moore Linen White. I think that will be enough to soften the effect.

912.png

The orange isn't quite as radioactive in real life as the earlier photos show, and it may have even deepened as it fully cured.

vCPDlcy.jpg

Last edited: A moment ago

View attachment 1086967
my spot on the left end of green dbl recliner in foreground forms an equilateral triangle with the infinity speakers. i have gotten real good at just sitting through multiple cds

cd rack can be seen on right just around a corner. curtains on left side cover 2 pairs of french exterior doors

speakers are about 18” from wall behind. its a smallish room.

Looks warm and cozy.

Here's where I'm at with the orange room right now...

My plan is to keep the orange (I'm getting used to it), but I'm gonna paint the trim (indented bottoms of the walls, window sill, baseboard heater) Ben Moore Linen White. I think that will be enough to soften the effect.

912.png

The orange isn't quite as radioactive in real life as the earlier photos show, and it may have even deepened as it fully cured.

vCPDlcy.jpg

Last edited: A moment ago

That TT plinth looks monstrous! How do you like the Wharfdales?

i understand what you mean. tried to get a second pair of the Dentons to replace my LS50. unfortunately they were already sold out...meanwhile i'm enjoying my Dentons, LS50 and RB-75.
View attachment 1087213

View attachment 1087212

Here in the States, Dentons are still available and pretty inexpensive.

Music Direct (an online retailer) seems to have an unlimited supply of them, making some of us wonder if the Dentons were really a limited edition made in 2012 only

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 4.40.57 PM.png .

Back
Top Bottom