Pics of your listening space

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by matel, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Sansushi

Sansushi AK Subscriber Subscriber

363D1EA5-34F4-4E35-BAFC-DF0F517D80B1.jpeg a work in progress. new to me thoren td 160 super on a wall shelf installed today, second table a b&o rx2, kenwood ka-7100, into jbl 4412a or L5’s speakers

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Otis Records

Otis Records AK Subscriber Subscriber

3. asilker

asilker Bible Reader Subscriber

Classy!

Sansushi likes this.
  4. Galaxie500xl

Galaxie500xl New Member

Thank you for kind words. I love the PSB Stratus Golds. My first real “audiophile” speaker. Bought them used in March.
    Unfortunately the chap I bought them from was undergoing chemo and the medication was ruining his upper octave hearing. They are as close to mint that I can see. They image really well and are detailed in what they capture. Airy highs while still delivering punch on the percussion. they need lots of power to drive them to excel. My CJ MF2500 does well, but they could even sound better if I bi-amped then (another day). They get loud, but still sound detailed, precise and controlled.

So my speaker history is quite pedestrian up until these.
    Stacked Advents - loved that wall of sound
    Polk SDA’s
    Many other models of Polk’s. Good and reliable
    Klipsch Heresy’s - my foray into tube amps, airy and loud but lacked bass and needed a sub.

So these PSB’s are a big step up for my system. Not just different but a whole lot better faithful reproduction of the source whether it be vinyl or CD. They can be had for a good deal.

Brian

211A905E-6C55-4D73-A810-0864A679E3A5.jpeg

5. ictwoody

ictwoody I like vintage gear — my preamp is from 2007. Subscriber

Nice! What is the TT? Empire with a different motor cover?

- Woody

Treyfus84 likes this.
  6. cube-tube

cube-tube Super Member

You're quite welcome, Brian.

The 1990's was a great decade for great "audiophile" speakers. The loudspeakers I lusted for during that time were the PSB Stratus Gold, the NHT 2.9, the Martin Logan SL3, Vandersteen 2Ce, and lastly the Hales Revelation Three. I acquired my very first "audiophile" speakers roughly 8 years ago which were the NHT 2.9's. Then about 2 years ago, I acquired my second pair of audiophile speakers, the Martin Logan SL3's. I have and use both pairs currently.

When using either pair of speakers, I have a pair of highly modified Carver M-500t amplifiers that I vertically bi-amp the speakers with. They produce 400 watts per channel (actually 390w @ 8 ohms and 420w @ 4 ohms). The NHT's are all original, but with the Martin Logan's, I bypassed the internal passive crossover networks and use a dbx Venu 360 for crossover, time alignment, voicing and room correction duty. When using the NHT's, the dbx is only used for room correction.

One day, mark my words, I will get myself a pair of PSB Stratus Gold's, Vandersteen 2Ce's and Hales Revelation Three's. Let me know when you're ready to sell those PSB's and I'll come pick them up! :naughty::thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    nyhifihead and Ds2000 like this.

7. Otis Records

Yes, it is a 398 that I re-worked for a SME arm, and I made a motor shroud for as the original was missing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Otis Records

9. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Lunatic Member

Tang Band 1808 over H-frame Alpha OB's, Bottlehead 2a3 SET mono blocks and Conrad Johnson preamp.

P9160017.jpg

Archguy, RamblinE, Samokan and 4 others like this.
  10. Poultrygeist

TPA3116/Astron/6n3 Sainsmart powered bookshelf OS system with Peerless Bucket Sub.

The old Marantz and other gear to the left is part of an separate outdoor system and drives Axioms and a Marcato sub located on the screened porch.

P8080038.jpg

11. Katattack

Katattack Member

Looks good!

12. beatcomber

beatcomber AK Member

You're somebody that I'd like to hang out with!

Archguy and Ds2000 like this.
  13. Otis Records

If you are ever in So. Oregon....

beatcomber likes this.
  14. cube-tube

cube-tube Super Member

Decided to change things up a bit again... Just reinstated my old Genesis Physics II's with the custom cascade bypass crossovers I built for them about 7 years ago. Damn these speakers sound good... Really good! At some point the dust cap fell off of the passive radiator and I don't know where it went. I plan on replacing the PR's with new ones from Human Speakers. No biggie right now. They just look a little funky.

And my first time running these modded Carver M-500t amps bridged. They're probably running upwards of 800 watts (500 watts stock). Definitely not needed for these speakers, but I refuse to run only one amp and re-wire the system. It can all be configured through the dbx Venu 360, other than the actual cable connection at the speaker terminals on the back of the amps.

Anyway, a few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Katattack

Katattack Member

Very nice looking set up. I love the cat!

FOH Engineer and cube-tube like this.
  16. cube-tube

cube-tube Super Member

Thanks! And which one? LOL

17. lightcapture

lightcapture Active Member

Wowie Zowie, beautiful system. Forgive my ignorance, what speakers are those?

gregswaim and FOH Engineer like this.
  18. Erhard-Audio

Erhard-Audio AK Subscriber Subscriber

this is our current setup, a mostly all tube system.
    All the tube gear is from our range of custom tube audio gear we hand built to order.
    Top shelve, left to right:
    Model Aretha tone control preamp, model Elvis KT88 60W/CH stereo power amp, U-Turn turntable, Revox PR99 MKII fully restored and customized;
    Middle shelve left to right:
    Revox FM tuner, model Janis phono preamp, model Billie headphone amp;
    Bottom shelve left to right:
    Model Hexagon source selector, Sony 5 disc CD player;
    Speakers are Vandersteen 2Ci's
    This really is an excellent sounding system, the Vandersteens do really like being driven by the Elvis tube power amp.
    Alas, the wine bottles on the right are not tube....:biggrin:, but taste good!!:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

19. Otis Records

Altec studio monitors. 604 Duplex in 612 "utility" cabinets. Variations of were used in a lot of recording studios during the period of time most of the music I listen to was recorded.

20. Poultrygeist

nice! Do you build custom SET amps?