Pics of your office system . . .

Boonaroo

We have a very good thread about listening spaces, but nothing going on about office systems.

Here is my current system. A Pioneer SA-5500II amp, Pioneer TX5500II tuner, a cheep Magnavox MWD200GA DVD that I use for a CD player and Realistic Minumus 7 speakers.
Officecomponents.jpg

officespeakers.jpg

This is my old system before I landed the corporate job of my dreams. :yes: Yamaha components plus Insignia speakers. This one drove my office crazy when it was booming.
pic081408_1.jpg

All I listen to now is classical and easy listening. Don't want to disturb the peasants’. :wave:

Boonaroo

PS. . . . Just kidding about the peasants

Technics SU-8011 integrated amp, ST-8011 tuner, SH-8010 EQ Mission M-50 speakers, my PC for occasional CD playing.
DoD installation, no camera allowed.

Not sure when I can get pics but I have a Phillips FR 965 to supply power/radio stations and my computer is running into the inputs for cd's and dvd's when I can sneak one as well and Polk TSi 100's.

Kenwood KR-720 receiver
Kenwood KD-3055 belt-drive full-auto turntable
Calrad Compact 1 mini bookshelf speakers (the best-sounding minis you've never heard of. Ancient, attractive and crystal-clear)

Well, my office(room dedicated to working on customer's PCs) is NOW packed to the brim with speakers and such. So, right now I cannot do much there. Here is the setup I intend on using once I get it fixed up later this summer when I can install a ventilator system in my 10'x18' storage shed.

100_1292AK.jpg

well, here's what i use: a Sound Project by Pioneer Model 300 (7 wpc!), a dell pc, a usb drive with backups of all my digital music from home, and a pair of KLH 24s stuffed in the file cabinets on each side of my desk. we are not supposed to have anything more than the tiny pc speakers they give us, but night shift can get away with a bit more. :music: now where can i hide a turntable.....

Attachments

• Iphone Pictures 6-18-09 009 reduced.jpg
    Iphone Pictures 6-18-09 009 reduced.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Iphone Pictures 6-18-09 017 reduced.jpg
    Iphone Pictures 6-18-09 017 reduced.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 151
At work, I use this small stack of Tandberg components. It's driving some ADS L400's on F400 stands and a 10" powered sub (don't have pics of those).

I also have my PC and a Sirius radio connected to the stack via tape input, passing through a dbx 200/228 combo on the way. I used those two to provide a little expansion on the satellite radio signal and also for external switching so they both feed the same tape in and I don't have to change that when I want to listen to a file from the PC.

John

picture.php

Last edited:
My home office looks like this (it also includes a T-amp and Pinnacle PN5+ speakers):

large.jpg

At work, I have a Sangean WR-1 radio and an XM radio or digital player hooked to it (sorry no pics of my office, maybe I will bring my camera to work one day :scratch2: ). The bass on the Sangean is pretty good (I have had a couple people comment on it).

original.jpg

Finally got my first ever all-to-myself office at work in late 2007. The A/V (mostly A, though) system has evolved to this:

stereo001.jpg

On the sides are some Fisher speakers I bought new in 1996 and have since been relegated to the office. In the middle is a Sony TV that my company owns. It used to reside in the office of someone who no longer works here.

stereo002.jpg

This stack gets the most action:

Technics SL-BD20 turntable - also bought in 1996 (and since supplanted at home by a better bit of gear)

Yamaha CR-640 receiver - I liberated from this gem from the recycling here at work!

stereo003.jpg

This stack gets far less of a workout, but still has its uses:

LG DN788 DVD/CD/mp3 player - $59 at Radio Shack (the only piece I bought for this system, though I of course was able to expense it)

Sony CDP-590 CD player - retrieved from the same recycling pile as the Yamaha. Currently working only tempermentally. Need to take it apart, but for now I play CDs through the LG anyway.

Sony TC-FX25 cassette player - also retrieved from recycling. Don't really have a use for it, but I don't have a cassette player at home anywhere, and 60 or so free cassettes came with it, so what the heck.

Sony SLV-N750 VCR - another hand-me-down from someone in the office. Our DVD department has much less need for VCRs than they used to, so we have several just gathering dust. I think I've used it once in the past year. Everything's on DVD these days.

So, all of these pieces save the DVD player are castoffs from either my own home system or various coworkers. Not bad!

View from my desk:

stereo004.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a photo of my warehouse system.

It's a 25W Sony BPC tuner and amp, a pair of EV DOMINATORS, a pair of Yamaha S6115's, on a section of Interlake pallet rack, and transported by my Clark 4000# forklift.

I can switch in my Sansui 8080DB if needed.........

ForkliftSystem-1.jpg

It's a 25W Sony BPC tuner and amp, a pair of EV DOMINATORS, a pair of Yamaha S6115's, on a section of Interlake pallet rack, and transported by my Clark 4000# forklift.

ForkliftSystem-1.jpg

Music on the go, eh? :D

Great pics fellas..keep 'em coming...:thmbsp:

I'm a state gov. worker and just use my Ipod and some headphones...:tears:

Great pics fellas..keep 'em coming...:thmbsp:

I'm a state gov. worker and just use my Ipod and some headphones...:tears:

You'd probably freak if you saw the three guitars, two guitar amps and 200-300 records I've also got crammed in here! On the other hand, you've probably got a bit more job security than most of us.

Here's my home office system since I drive a kenworth dumptruck for a paving company the POS indash stereo what ever it is what I have to listen to at work.

Officesystem003w.jpg

Officesystem004w.jpg

From the Top:

Heathkit AD-1307 Audio Control Center
Pioneer SG-750 Spectrum Anaylzer/Graphic Equalizer
Pioneer TX-9100 Tuner
Pioneer SA-9100 Amp (completely restored and upgraded by our own Tarior (Aurthur at The Speaker Magnate in Kelso WA.)

just under the desk top:

Pioneer CT-40 Cassette deck
Cambridge Audio 540D Digital player

to the right of the main stack:

Pioneer DT-510 Timer
Teac A-1230 R2R

And above everything:

Pioneer JT-215A Timer
Pro-Ject 1.2 Table w/Grado RED and KAB rubber clamp.

Computer is connected in via a Philips USB external DAC and a Radio Shack Tape control center.

ForkliftSystem-1.jpg

The largest portable BoomBox I've ever seen.

Here's a picture of my current office system. Advent 420S receiver, Sony CDP-S37 CD player, Bang & Olufsen Beogram TX 2 turntable, Optimus Pro LX5 speakers. The Advent receiver is tiny, but surprisingly good-sounding. The Beogram TX 2 is the most desk-friendly turntable I've tried; it has yet to skip due to outside vibrations.

office_stereo.jpg

In the makeshift home office...

PICT0004-1.jpg

PICT0005-2.jpg

From the top down...
AKG K240DF phones
Dynaco PAT4 as a HP amp
Panasonic DVD RV31 to play cd's
Onkyo TX-850 receiver used as a tuner
Yamaha CA-1000 to power the...
Dynaco A35's

Good enough for spare room sounds for now.

J.R.

Pretty impressive, huh?

Sometimes simple is good. :scratch2:

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom