Pics of your office system . . .

Forgot to post here in awhile. Here's a photo of my previous setup:
oldofficestereo.jpg

And now, my most recent setup. You may notice a few minor differences...
officesystem.jpg

It's starting to look like a particle-board version of The Blob...

Last edited:
Such a nice, clean layout (though not optimal for listening, I wouldn't think, with the speakers high up and behind you), compared to my messy office. I'd love to see more pics as your system evolves.

Thanks Goldwax! I moved my office around, because there's a small occasional water leak and I didn't want to risk having all my stuff underneath it. Once that's fixed, I'm going back to that layout, it looks so much better.

Since then, I added a pair of Celestion5 bookshelves, at ear-level. Big improvement. A Nakamichi CDPlayer4. My Klipsch sub. A Yamaha RX-550 receiver. A Grant Fidelity DAC-09. I'm currently running a Yamaha CR-2020 receiver and a pair of Vizonik Euro7s, with my dad's old Norman Labs model 14s in there for evaluation.

It's very nice having the speakers actually in front of you, but the whole thing is still far from ideal. Getting there though. At this rate, it shouldn't be too long before it's a killer system.

I know the color is odd, but I like warm lighting and didn't wan't to correct it.

Current:
_DSC7661.jpg

The big old Yamaha would look so good in my old setup.
_DSC7664.jpg

Thanks Goldwax! I moved my office around, because there's a small occasional water leak and I didn't want to risk having all my stuff underneath it. Once that's fixed, I'm going back to that layout, it looks so much better.

Since then, I added a pair of Celestion5 bookshelves, at ear-level. Big improvement. A Nakamichi CDPlayer4. My Klipsch sub. A Yamaha RX-550 receiver. A Grant Fidelity DAC-09. I'm currently running a Yamaha CR-2020 receiver and a pair of Vizonik Euro7s, with my dad's old Norman Labs model 14s in there for evaluation.

It's very nice having the speakers actually in front of you, but the whole thing is still far from ideal. Getting there though. At this rate, it shouldn't be too long before it's a killer system.

I know the color is odd, but I like warm lighting and didn't wan't to correct it.

Current:
_DSC7661.jpg

The big old Yamaha would look so good in my old setup.
_DSC7664.jpg

The links to those pics are dead. Can you repost?

Note - this is my actual work office (not home office) on the 11th floor of a highrise in Bellevue. Unfortunately, I'm facing away from the speakers, but they still sound pretty nice. When I'm spinning wax, I put the album cover in my office window under a "Now Playing" sign - I'd love to hook up an "On Air" sign above my office (I used to be a radio DJ).

4520544939_063cf20036_b.jpg

Gear in photo:

- Radio Shack 40-1197 speakers in Fostex FE-103 reference ported boxes
- Modifed Dynaco ST-35 amplifier
- NAD 1130 Preamp
- Technics SH-AC500D DAC (temporary)
- Luxman T-450 tuner
- Rega RB-300 w/ R200 arm and Denon DL-110 cart
- Windows 7 Media Center (out-of-shot) for ripped CDs - the monitor in the photo is for displaying the Media Center UI and the little blob on the base is the USB IR receiver for the Media Center remote

I'm not sure what was spinning at the time the photo was taken.

-D

Last edited:
My modest, awesome sounding, office system:

p6120013.jpg

Pioneer SX-D5000 Stereo Receiver
Gateway Model MD-7801u Laptop (not pictured, but on my desk to the right)
Pioneer Elite PD-65 CDP
Music Hall Tube DAC 25.2
Design Acoustics PS-10 Speakers
Sennheiser HD 580 Cans

I'm running my Gateway Laptop and Pioneer CDP through the Music Hall Tube DAC. The Pioneer SX-D5000 Receiver is the "ONLY" receiver I've kept for daily use after owning at least 50 different models including several other Pioneer, Marantz, Yamaha, Sansui and Kenwood receivers. The tuner section on the SX-D5000 is to die for, and it gives me clear, crisp sound no matter what the source is. The Design Acoustics Speakers are a perfect fit for the system with their 10" down-firing woofers, basically, a full-range speaker with a smaller, bookshelf footprint. They will fill the room with awesome sound when the desire hits. At night, when the rest of the family is trying to sleep, I plug the Sennheiser HD 580's either into the Pioneer SX-D5000 for FM radio, or directly into the Music Hall Tube DAC for Laptop and CDP music. It is a great little system that does everything I want it to do! :thmbsp:

Retro

Some fantastic gorgeous setups in your offices....

Our leetle office/study system:

office.jpg

Denon UDM-30 with the DRR-30 tape deck
PSB Alpha B speakers

Simple and sounds nice although if I was doing this today considering all the things I learned here it would be completely different. :)

Last edited:
Given where I work I cannot post pictures of my actual system set up, but I can post pictures of the individual components. The receiver is TEAC. I got a pair of Automatic radio speakers and I got a Sony passive subwoofer that is on the way to my house. Pictures to follow soon.

That calendar is bitchin'.

Hah, thanks! Actually it's a clock though. The board is from www.cosmodog.com the tubes are NOS Burroughs from ebay and I made the enclosure.

I've since moved back to Michigan and am working at my dad's place. Doing the same 3D rendering stuff. We set up a makeshift 'office' out on a shop floor until we get the office part of this particular building rennovated. Some leftover carpet from an old job, a couple sound shells that had gotten damaged in shipping and returned, instant office. Using an old Mayline drafting table for my desk and there's not a lot of room left with the gear sitting on it. Time to make an Expedit run to Ikea soon.

Currently:
HK430 receiver
Grant Fidelity DAC-09
Acoustic Research Rock Partners
Nakamichi CD Player 4 (currently in use in another system)

Corner of the shop (old Kraft cheese plant we're rennovating into a product design studio).
plant2_office01_resize.jpg

My 'office'.
plant2_office02_resize.jpg

Desk.
plant2_office03_resize.jpg

System.
plant2_office04_resize.jpg

The old Micronta power supply drives those 60mm fans. Compact and adjustable, but fairly geeky desk fan.

Here's my home office system. I was fortunate enough to purchase the Ferguson Hill FH007/FH008 that we used as the back room set up at this year's THE show:

456580339_gU3Wt-M.jpg

456582190_jPUBA-M.jpg

Here's the office:
585080285_zj8b9-M.jpg

585081163_YqiL7-M.jpg

The T-amp modified by AudioMagus
585085003_ZKZmW-M.jpg

What are your impressions of the Ferguson Hill speakers? What size room can they fill, and what amp is best for them?

Wanted to add my humble “office” (classroom) system. Being in a school, I won’t use anything I would miss if something happened. The speakers are a battered pair of Minimus 7’s partnered to a little NAD receiver.

This setup sounds surprisingly good, and can fill my very large room (classroom and science lab). The little 7’s have impressive bass response. Not super low, but very smooth and clean.

I love the "speaker stands". :thmbsp:

Well it's kind of an office. It is where I pay bills and repair PC's. I do have a small fridge with beer in it. That's a Dell on the corner of 1 work bench. They wanted Vista off and XP on it. Bout done with it.

Those speakers I built with parts from PE and Madisound. On the floor is an Allison 8 inch sub. I use an Asus Xonar sound card with DAC and it feeds a Aric Audio pre amp. With the speakers I have the plate amps give me 78wpc.

Right now the Aric is using a Mullard 12AT7. That is a spare Telefunken AT7 in front and I also have a RFT- 12AT7. Those are my 3 rollers.

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Don't have a good pic of the whole thing. This is one of the Klipsch KG5.5s that I listen too. Really nice, big speakers. The receiver is constantly changing. Currently a B&O 2400 that sounds pretty good, although the tuner is kinda fussy, but not bad once you have it set ( five seperate analog tuners). The only other thing is a Sony CDP 307ESD that sounds really good.

DSC00555.jpg

My system at work -

Tekton Design 4.1 speakers
Ming Da SET amp
iPod Classic

The Dynaco FM 3 is at home until I finish aligning...

Cheers,

TJ

Attachments

• Office System - TWJ.jpg
    Office System - TWJ.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 113
Slight change in the lineup:

Marantz PM-500 integrated amp
Marantz ST-300 tuner

marantz_stuff%2008.jpg

marantz_stuff%2009.jpg

marantz_stuff%2010.jpg

Cleaned up pretty nice..
marantz_stuff%2002.jpg

Now that's a triumph of minimalism. Good work!

Ha! Thanks. An experiment of sorts... Listening to some baroque guitar now (Audacity recording from an old Julian Bream LP - converted from WAV to Apple Lossless). Sounds nice. Makes staying late at work a little more cheerful...

:music:

my home office system, fisher 200t linked up with a sherwood s-5500 tube amp and a capeheart tube tuner. i have klh 17s with the fisher, and bose 201s with the sherwood.

Attachments

• ROB 043.jpg
    ROB 043.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom