Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Is this also the appropriate topic for "pictures of cats IN audio gear"?

OBuzcS6.jpg

I keep seeing those pictures of cats next to uncovered, spinning turntables :eek: and thinking, "Ooooh, spiiinny!" [V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-P...]

Audiophiles only have well behaved cats....
Ann

I have heard certain Magnepan owners opine to the contrary...

My well behaved kitty waited for me to leave the room before swatting the tonearm of my TT. I don't remember what was playing but it was at a good volume and the Maggies were doing it justice. The sound of the stylus skipping across the album scared kitty and she flew out of the room as if launched by a missle. Never had much interest in the TT or the Maggies ever since.

A friend had a dog which was showing him signs of mild aggression. I pointed out to him that the dog believed it was at the top of the pecking order and that he was the subservient one. One of the places it showed aggression(snarling and growling at him) was when the dog was under the bed. I told him that she had claimed the space under the bed as hers and that he didn't have the clout to be sharing it with her, So she would show her displeasure whenever he was trespassing. I pointed out to him that under the bed was protected by being enclosed. He by comparison being on top had the second-rate exposed and vulnerable part of the bed. She was happy to share as long as he stuck to the territory that she allowed him to have, but that she didn't want him getting ideas about moving underneath the bed. That was reserved for her alone.

Rare to see critters on the audio gear in our house (by design) but our smallest cat decided to take a nap on the nice warm DVR this weekend and conveniently I had my iPhone in hand:

Zoe on AK.jpg

She has been known to nap behind that center channel speaker to the right, too. Not as warm as the top of the DVR nor as dark as it used to be when the TV above was a rear projection LCD piece, but it is quiet & hidden there.

John

Totday I re-positioned my lazy leasure listening chair to be able to optimally enjoy my Elipson 1303's and just when I had the speakers directionally adjusted and I turned around I found....

jcpGNIO.jpg

....King Simmie felt it was the perfect moment to claim his rightful throne.

jeromach, that's a cat. You moved the chair right where KS wanted it to go. Question what is the gear behind that great cat?

Totday I re-positioned my lazy leasure listening chair to be able to optimally enjoy my Elipson 1303's and just when I had the speakers directionally adjusted and I turned around I found....

jcpGNIO.jpg

....King Simmie felt it was the perfect moment to claim his rightful throne.

Hey jeromach,

Dont you love it when they do this? Beautiful pix, may I ask what camera/lens you are using? you always have great quality images.

Good to see you and Simme!

Kind Regards,
John

Back
Top Bottom