Pictures of your computer set ups

Thanks for the kudos, Valveglow. I am working up the nerve to haul in my Stromberg Carlson tube set-up, but I'm afraid administration might consider it a fire hazard. I love the vintage gear . . .

Wisconsin offices should be heated with tube gear in the winter as well as half the fall and half the spring to save on fuel costs...

My computer system is pretty basic, computer connected to CD direct on Denon POA-2200 and Ashcraft speakers.

Attachments

• comp sys.jpg
    comp sys.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 268
HOM.11.8.13.png

HOM.1.15.14.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks!

Those emulators are really bad for your ram and HD... Mac operating systems come with partition software standard, and it is much better for your computer.

downfall is you have to restart when you want to switch OS, but it is much better, and FREE (comes built in to MAC OS). Look into it.
Never heard they were "bad" for the computer other than they share resources. I already have mine setup to run Bootcamp if I need it (which is rare) and VMWare Fusion (which uses the bootcamp partition) for everything else. I don't play games, I mainly use it for Excel, WMC, and J River and so far it hasn't been an issue.

Personally, I prefer having both up (when I need Windows) than having to reboot all the time. Different strokes...

The original Macintosh and all the goodies. Nice :thmbsp:

I wonder where personal computers would be without the Mac. Would we have mouses and GUI's or would we be using some kind of command line systems ?

Actually, Apple stole it from Xerox PARC. They had it and had no idea what to do with it!

Thanks!

Those emulators are really bad for your ram and HD... Mac operating systems come with partition software standard, and it is much better for your computer.

downfall is you have to restart when you want to switch OS, but it is much better, and FREE (comes built in to MAC OS). Look into it.

Absolutely incorrect! Modern virtualization software runs under a virtual mode of the processor and at very close to real time speed. Yes they do impact your ram as you give part of it to the hosted OS as with any other app. These are not "emulators." There is not translation, they are accessing the processor directly. Only issue is the video card which cannot be accessed as the processor can. I run everything from AutoCAD to highly specialized vertical design programs to control system programming apps in Windows under Fusion without any issue whatsoever. I have not used Bootcamp ever.

Updated home office setup

New Mac Pro (looks like a trash can to the left of the monitor) ... Sharp 32" 4K monitor ... Nuforce DDA100 Amp (a little dark in the pic but you can just make out the LED's under the external hard drive with the blue light) and Harbeth P3ESR speakers. Source is the Mac Pro, iTunes with most albums in ALAC.

11957978963_b63bb6f78a_b.jpg

New Mac Pro (looks like a trash can to the left of the monitor) ... Sharp 32" 4K monitor ... Nuforce DDA100 Amp (a little dark in the pic but you can just make out the LED's under the external hard drive with the blue light) and Harbeth P3ESR speakers. Source is the Mac Pro, iTunes with most albums in ALAC.

Just GORGEOUS!

Great setup!

Awesome! I hope to get the nMP next month!

Back
Top Bottom