Pioneer A-500 Integrated Amp

AudioSoul

These are from the early 70's. Does anyone own one that can comment as to how they sound? I like the looks of them and want to use one as a backup to my main amps. The speakers are 98db efficient so I don't need a lot of power.Thanks

The only A500 I'm aware of is from the eighties. 98db speakers can pretty much run on anything. How an amp sounds and how it sounds through a specific pair of speakers can be two very different things.

The SA-500 is a small little amp, like 20 watts I think? I had a 500A and it was ok, but it didn't leave a lasting (good) impression.

These are from the early 70's. Does anyone own one that can comment as to how they sound? I like the looks of them and want to use one as a backup to my main amps. The speakers are 98db efficient so I don't need a lot of power.Thanks

I have a Pioneer A-500. It’s an integrated amp made for the Japan market, which has a standard wall current of 100V. Definitely do not use it with 120V (~ standard US wall current) without a step down transformer to 100V output. HiFi engine.com has the specs, but not a service manual or schematics.

As far as the sound, I would put it side by side with a Mark Levinson power amp and have a hard time discerning one from the other. In other words the sound quality is awsome! It’s extremely clean!

Finally, I would entertain an offer.

Back
Top Bottom