Pioneer Belt Drives Pl-A35 Pl41 Pl-a50 Are any of these worth restoring?

Stanton681EEES

Addicted Member
With it being winter her in the northeast I was thinking of a good winter project and also wanting a second turntable. I know very little about the 3 models I've asked about. Of the three which one is the best performer or would one be better for tweaking than another. I have a chance to get a PL-A35 cheap from a guy I know who does flea markets. I have a spare headshell for a PL41 that I got with some cartridges I bought so I guess that might be my first choice but I'm just not sure. Is there a site where I could get info on these, other than say AA as I did a search there already.

Thanks. :)

They are all well built tables from the late 60s / early 70s. Anyone of them would be a great project. Which is the best? Hard to say. I think the PL-A35 and PL-50 are semi-automatic. I know the PL-41 is manual all the way. Place the tonearm on to play and lift it off at end of play. I bought a PL-41 new in 1970. It is a outstanding performer. Very solid table. You may be able to find out about them at vinylengine.

Tank

I have a Pl-A35 in perfect condition, the only problem it doesn't sound very good. I'd rather frustrate myself trying to get my partially running 1200 series Duals going as they sound significantly better.

They are very worth it. I have a 41 and it sounds good and looks great. The cartridge can make a big difference in tonal quality.

Back
Top Bottom