1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer CS-44 received them today!

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by PioneerHPMLuver, Dec 13, 2005.

1. PioneerHPMLuver

PioneerHPMLuver Well-Known Member

Just received my first CS Series of speakers from Pioneer. I am listening to them in my home office now hooked up to a Kenwood KR-4600 receiver. At first I was not impressed. But the funny thing is, they began to grow on me. I felt they were warm and not as detailed as the HPM series but an extra boost on the treble control solved that. I don't know, kinda weird...Any way I oiled them up, used a Q-tip dipped in the oil and cleaned up the grills real nice. The're not mint but are in good shape. I plan on hooking tham up to my SX-3000 (SX-626) in the bedroom with a pair of HPM-40's. I hope they mate up nicely with the older Pioneer receiver.
    I know the wattage rating (25 watts max) and the Ohms's (8 Ohms) 8" woofer and single tweeter. The grills screw on. I don't know much else...Anyone know the frequency response? Year made, Etc?
    See some pic's posted below

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  2. Randy Quad

Randy Quad Quadraphonic Survivor

they were out in 69 and were discontinued in 72, ran for $67 and were upper lower end speakers. frequency 35hz-20khz .

3. PioneerHPMLuver

Thanks for the post Randy,
    Wow...I thought that they had a nice deep end to them but didn't think they reached down that deep. The more I listen to them more I like!

4. PioneerHPMLuver