Pioneer cs-99a in boxes

nolasally

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
speakers work well and are 8/10 cosmetically with original boxes. Anyone care to give a guess to what they would sell for internationally?? Prices are all over the place on the bay.

Attachments

• 55779E18-DA68-4678-80FB-367AE999C7C9.jpeg
    55779E18-DA68-4678-80FB-367AE999C7C9.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 106
alright ill throw my own hat in the ring. I think edroom estimate is close x 2 however. 1200.00

Well, that would be about a 50% uplift from the last set that sold with boxes, but I hope you get it as I have some CS-88a in fantastic shape with very nice boxes and all original materials/brochures, etc.

Well 2 sets recently sold for around 900.00 without boxes and didn’t allow for international shipping.

If they are in excellent condition I am thinking $1200.I had a very clean pair no boxes that compared to others at the time I know they would have got $900-$1000.I just didn't want the hassle of shipping on ebay.Sold for a quick $500 on CL.I paid $120 for them.I'm pretty sure there is an oriental outfit in Ca.that buys domestically and then ships to the orient.I sold to them a non functional Luxman L100u amp for $530 plus shipping.Way more than i expected.I know of this oriental chap somewhat local that buys up all kinds of vintage gear.Always looking for 70s receivers and vintage JBLs.

alright ill throw my own hat in the ring. I think edroom estimate is close x 2 however. 1200.00

Sold a pair with boxes in like 9/10 physical cond for about half that local and I was happy- Different configuration box - I'd try for 800 local before shipping those but thats just me

If I didn’t have original boxes I’d agree local only. However these will likely go overseas through global shipping. Once it arrives at Ky hub my liability is over. If they get damaged from overseas shipping it’s not my problem.

Last year there was a pair at the flea. He was selling them for 200.00. For a few weeks in fact. I had a hard time ignoring them. I have 4 cs 77's and didn't think they would be an improvement.

Last year there was a pair at the flea. He was selling them for 200.00. For a few weeks in fact. I had a hard time ignoring them. I have 4 cs 77's and didn't think they would be an improvement.

The next versions with the "a" (CS-99/88/77 vs the CS-99a/88a/77a) are a step up. Although not my cup of tea, they are a marked improvement, hence, the significant delta in selling prices between the two models.

I agree . It’s why I’ve held onto my 77’s . I had a pair up on eBay a few years ago and had a bid . After polishing them up before the auction ended I encountered sellers remorse . And cancelled the bid .
A set of 88a’ s came into my possession a few years ago too . I sent those along on cl . I didn’t like them as much . But I’d love to hear the 99a’s . Just for a day .

If I didn’t have original boxes I’d agree local only. However these will likely go overseas through global shipping. Once it arrives at Ky hub my liability is over. If they get damaged from overseas shipping it’s not my problem.

Nothing wrong with shooting for the moon

speakers work well and are 8/10 cosmetically with original boxes. Anyone care to give a guess to what they would sell for internationally?? Prices are all over the place on the bay.
4 years ago I sold my CS-99's that were in NM condition (but probably needed the crossovers recapped) for $400 on CL.
Probably could have got a bit more but the buyer was an older audio enthusiast and was very happy to buy them..

I have sold about five pair on Ebay over the years. Most important is to have the FB stamp on the drivers. There is Asian groups here that buy and ship themselves so I wouldn't worry about international. You will get the best buck here. Things have slowed a little so if you can get $900....let them go. Those boxes are not in that great of shape.

Back
Top Bottom