pioneer ct-f900 swapping out florascan board?

pinky6

I have two pioneer ctf900's with each having issues. I want to make one good one out of the two. One has a faulty tube on the blue florascan level meter. The other one has a bad take a motor. So my question here is if I just cut the 13 or so wires coming of the board for the display about the mid point and splice with a good splice with sodering and shrink wrap will this splice effect performance of the display? I don't want to unsoder all the posts from the board. Thanks

Greetings;
debatable where to cut. if old unit is fried for sure? might be better to leave yourself as much wire as you can. i.e. cut short the bad one and long for the good one?
bink.

Greetings;
debatable where to cut. if old unit is fried for sure? might be better to leave yourself as much wire as you can. i.e. cut short the bad one and long for the good one?
bink.

Sounds like a good plan. Thank you

I've only seen one of these posted here with pics... wonder if any issue in soldering as in 'are all the wires common' awg braid etc? anything special? So post up if issues with solder and a few pics would be nice.

Historically you probably own a very rare unit on the planet. :D
bink

Back
Top Bottom