Pioneer PL 570 Mirror Display Turntable??

sinnerboy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I stumbled upon a Pioneer PL 570 Mirror Display turntable, but I can't find much info on them. Evidently, it was used as a store display, the turntable sat on a plexi-glass box with a mirror on the bottom, displaying the underside of the tt (bottom cover removed). Cool piece, but not sure who the targeted market would be. The box looks about 12" high, just curious what AK knows about this piece. Thanks

Can't remember the make of them, but I've seen display tables like that before in dealer's showrooms. Problem was, they were for display purpose only - not fully functional - defective in one way or another.

Check out the Auto features to make sure that the tonearm goes thru all the motions correctly, with no noise.

Take an LP that you are familiar with if you are going to audition it. Also take your favorite set of headphones if you want to take the seller's speakers out of the equation.

This TT can probably be removed from the display case and installed in a wooden plinth - I have measurements and plans. Look at the cover and take some pics of the hinges.

Pio did that often, with speakers as well (notably HPM100). It was probably assumed by marketing to be mesmerizing spectators, turning them to potential customers, totally disregarding the plexiglass compatibility with the application.

52Pfrw6.jpg

Braced properly amd with the proper fill materials it's probably not a bad choice of materials for a speaker cabinet. Not braced or filled... Well. Not so much.

Beobloke: Every person is entitled to their own opinions, likes, and dislikes. What may seem "cool & fun" to some will not tickle the jollies of everyone.

As you are well aware, most viewers come to these forums for ideas or answers, or to provide them for others. 'Just trying to do my part.

Thanks for being a member for nearly 14 years.

Back
Top Bottom