Pioneer PL-570 turntable sold on eBay $1,800

It does look very nice and has free shipping. Nobody twisted any arms to make them pay that.

It does seem the price on these just keeps climbing. I paid right at 700.00 shipped for mine a few years ago.

Mike

Classy looking table for sure! I believe Randy's Records in Salt Lake used this same model in the store to play tunes for years. It recently was replaced by something else. Bet they sold it due to the money they now command.

Man I don't keep up on values apparently! Wonder what my pl-560 is going for these days :idea:

image.jpg

I've had a few 530s and pretty sure I had a 570 once that I sold before these kind of prices. "dammit Bobby"

I have a buddy that has two of these. Very nice table. The ad had some very nice photos that really showed off the beauty and minty condition. Guy knew how to market the table for the most coin.
Good on him.

Just image one could have a VPI or Thorens for less?? Crazy money for mostly show.. And I thought Marantz 6300 brought stupid money!!

It's all crazy money...super greed mixed with "What planet are you on?"...stuff like this makes me mad because these guys selling the stuff probably don't even appreciate listening to good equipment. I can't bring myself to screw people like this.

Attachments

• WTF-Really.jpg
    WTF-Really.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 100
its not screwing people, its a free market society. if there is enough demand it will sell. that sets value (not what we think it should sell for). if it doesnt sell it's because there is no demand at the asking price. the price will have to be lowered to sell...

vintage gear is selling for good money on ebay because there is a market for it. seldom do i see something in my price range but someone is buying this stuff...

supply and demand. economics 101

You are right Moewillis, nobody is holding a gun to our heads to buy it...at least I can get a laugh occasionally. Forgot to mention that I had no affiliation with my previous post.

I would argue that as far as fully auto tables go (which some of us prefer) Nothing much beats this deck.

Mike

If it was mine i would be willing to take considerably less, and list it for pick up only.
Even if packed properly there is still a chance of it getting damaged in shipping.
But the deciding factor would be taking a chance that the buyer isn't going to ask for his money back for whatever reason at some point.

Purchasing on the 6 month hostage plan.

I would argue that as far as fully auto tables go (which some of us prefer) Nothing much beats this deck.

Mike
For the Price the PL-570 is going for...:crazy:......Sticking with Pioneer....the PLC-590 would be it...and I would say the
PL-630 (which is more affordable) would be on that list.

I still don't think the price is "crazy". If you look what 1800 bucks buys you for a new table it's actually a bargain.

Mike

I wouldn't let mine go for 1800.

hello folks

quick question. Is it worth selling a PL-570 (Wood grain) in perfect condition for 1500 EUR (1750 USD)?
And more importantly, do you expect the prices on this TT to keep climbing?

any feedback is welcome

Back
Top Bottom