Pioneer RG-1 trouble

warbaugh

Hello - I've never posted a question before, so if I'm going about it incorrectly, I apologize in advance!

I'm having trouble with my Pioneer RG-1 processor. I downloaded the Service Manual, but it doesn't have any step by step troubleshooting.

When I switch it unit on, the "on" lamp and the meters don't illuminate.

The fuse has good continuity - and there's AC at the unswitched outlet on back (which looks to be ahead of the fuse) when it's plugged in.

Does anyone have any advice on where to start in making the unit power up?

Does this unit need to have input/output leads plugged in just to make the neon lamp come on? It seems unlikely to me, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks! William

Is there AC at the fuse? The power switch is between the AC in and the fuse. Also check that the lamps aren't burned out.

Thanks for the fast response! There is ac at the fuse (when the switch is "on".

As the immortal genius Jake LaMotta said (at least when DeNiro channeled him in Raging Bull) - "I feel so stoo-pit!"

The bulbs were burned out. Now, to find Stanley S83s and the little Pioneer indicator lamp...

Again - thanks for the help! William

i have 2 of these RG-1 's...the main problem they have is dropping a channel...just about always the left side, my 2 are that way..i also have a RG-2...it works fine

i have 2 of these RG-1 's...the main problem they have is dropping a channel...just about always the left side, my 2 are that way..i also have a RG-2...it works fine
Old thread I know but if always the left channel (like mine), any consensus on what it usually is just to Dave a whole bunch of trial and error testing? Switches cleaned and good - waiting for recap parts but would like to isolate problem before going a blanket recap....
Everything seems to run ok including meters showing what is expected when fishing in the controls. Just no sound left channel...

Back
Top Bottom