Pioneer SX-1010

Ary Braakman

Hi,
I am new here. I come from The Netherlands. Last week, I bough for 680 Euro.a real Pioneer SX-1010. On the photos it looked very nice from the outside. How the inside is, I don't know, but there are a bunch of guys aroumd here who could give it a good and necessary revision. This has been done before to my SA-7500 Mk II, which I really like. I'll sell it anyway, because I can't use two machines, or in fact three. In the living room there is the very nice Quad 34..
I'll post some photos as soon as the old Pioneer has arrived.
Keep in touch.

Welcome.
You overpaid. It's a tough one to work on. I have a restored one and my tech said he doesn't like working on this particular model.
All kinds of trouble can lurk beneath that case. Ask me how I know. But hopefully you snagged a nice one, internally.

Last edited:
What are good speakers for the 1010? Do they have to be 100 watts+?

I've got a pair of lovely Castle Richmond monitors out here. What do members think of these combined with the 1010?

What are good speakers for the 1010? Do they have to be 100 watts+?

I've got a pair of lovely Castle Richmond monitors out here. What do members think of these combined with the 1010?

Those speakers are rated at 80 WPC and 88SPL so will work and should sound nice. May benefit with an added powered subwoofer my not knowing just how they reproduce the low end as a stand alone. Just pay attention to the juice going to them. Leave the volume control from migrating much past the 12 o'clock position.

In my experience the 1010 make every speaker connected sound great.

Back
Top Bottom