1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer SX-525, little but likeable

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by Rx4Pain, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Rx4Pain

Rx4Pain New Member

Pioneer SX-535, little but likeable

I just wanted to post a quick photo of the SX-535 i recently picked up, cleaned and had tweaked (tuner aligned etc) I think it looks fantastic. The cabinet is like new and I really like the blue dial.

[​IMG]

It is in my home office, and will be connected to a couple of Polk Monitor 60 Series II speakers as of tomorrow.

Ken

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. mrjbq

mrjbq Bose forum Moderator Subscriber

:thmbsp:I had one a while back.......

3. Kenny Brant

Kenny Brant Kenny bugs

I know what you mean about the looks of the 535, I have a 636 and I like the looks of the blue dial, kind of soothing to look at. The receiver sounds good to.

4. electronjohn

electronjohn Plug it in & see!! Subscriber

Those baby Pioneers have a sweet sound...I loves my baby brother to your 525...an SX-424...and am thoroughly enjoying the SX-580 in my "it'll do for now" vinyl system.

5. beej

beej G's and A's Bapa Subscriber

I have a 535 and it is a looker and with nice sound. All in all, a nice little receiver.

6. juggerjay

juggerjay Active Member

I agree, I think it looks fantastic as well. I'm seriously thinking about picking up a SX626 that's for sale ;)

7. anytune

anytune Super Member

I have an SX-535 in the dining room that I use daily. Great tuner. One of the best 10-dollar bills I ever spent.

8. superdog

superdog AK Member

These series of pioneers are one of the best looking to me.After a few years of messing with the big receivers I am rediscovering the sonic beauty of the smaller units.
    SX636~cr420~2215b

9. 33&athird

33&athird Turn on & Tune in

The 525 is a nice small unit. It was my first receiver and is currently awaiting a pair of outputs and maybe a recap. Great sound in a little box, and although it's only 17 watts, it can get pretty loud. I currently use the 727, the 525's bigger brother, good series of pioneer. In some ways, I prefer the 525, but they are all good.

Also, very cool spy vs spy statues, all it's missing is gore and a big "Kuper":thmbsp:

10. Rx4Pain

Rx4Pain New Member

Haha...thanks on the Spy Vs Spy..I have had those for 20 years....i thought they belonged on the shelf with the 70's receiver...as i enjoyed Mad Magazin big time in the 70's!

Ken