plate amp, figure this is the place to put the question

I have heard 2 DIY subs using this amp, one with Dayton 8", & one with 10" driver. Neither was asked to put out high SPL, both used for HT, not music systems. Both owners were quite satisfied with them, and they certainly seemed adequate for the job. I am using 2-ch HT right now, and building 5-ch with EPI 100s. No decision yet on whether I will need a sub, but I can see using that amp for a 10", as I don't ask for high SPL, even for LFE. If I was looking for real rumble, then 500w for a bigger driver, or pair, might be the order of the day.

They are nice sub amps. Having crossover frequency and volume control "in hand" can help tune poor recordings that need a little tweak.

The popular unit seems to be the 240 watter because of the soft-clipping feature. That was the one I was gonna get before the 500 watt one went on sale for 1/3 off last December.

so, the 250 rms model would be perfect, if i bought 2 and used them to power a tempest, one to each, in my bedroom, as a music system, and a ht system.

Back
Top Bottom