Please Post your Infinity speakers

PS - Pretty sure the photo shows the RSII speakers set up improperly....

The tweeters should be on the inside, not the outside.

That is the conventional wisdom, EMITs to the inside.
Seeing that picture makes me feel a little better about the big component stand between my RS II's.
I'm sure it does not help with sound stage or imaging but it's the only practical layout for my room.

Seeing that picture makes me feel a little better about the big component stand between my RS II's.
I'm sure it does not help with sound stage or imaging but it's the only practical layout for my room.

I had them in the family room for "testing purposes".

My wife came home, looked at them, looked at me, and I got the "Really, aren't they a little big for this room?".

They don't really fit in my HT setup, so they are slated as the main focus for the music room.

Really enjoying the Kappa 7.1 Series II right now as stereo speakers in te family room. They are making me re-think ported speakers.

IMG_0201.JPG

My wife came home, looked at them, looked at me, and I got the "Really, aren't they a little big for this room?".

They don't really fit in my HT setup, so they are slated as the main focus for the music room.

Really enjoying the Kappa 7.1 Series II right now as stereo speakers in te family room. They are making me re-think ported speakers.

View attachment 969711

I can picture the wifes look....that's funny. But not, if you know what I mean. That darn WAF*.
Wish my solution was that easy...my little cracker box 20 X 30 house doesn't allow much choice as far as my "listening room" goes.

*wife acceptance factor.
Especially important when dealing with stereo gear and significant others/better halves/wives/etc.

To confirm - I can only find the RSIIb manual, but it states that the tweeters should indeed be on the inside. See p.3, "Positioning": http://www.davidsaudio.com/rs2a-b-manual.pdf

I can picture the wifes look....that's funny. But not, if you know what I mean. That darn WAF*.
Wish my solution was that easy...my little cracker box 20 X 30 house doesn't allow much choice as far as my "listening room" goes.

*wife acceptance factor.
Especially important when dealing with stereo gear and significant others/better halves/wives/etc.

Well, you do live in the "Sportsman's Dream". Are you around Flint, or farther North? I lived around Traverse City for four years and visited often for a few years after, but that was a lifetime ago.

I'll tell you, some of the best times of our life was when we lived in that 20x30 cabin on Arbutas Lake, and barely had enough money for a $4 12-pack, a nickle-bag, and a tank of gas for the bike. I had a pretty wife, a bike that was reliable, some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen, and we had our health.

I'm an hour north of Grand Rapids, an hour west of Mt. Pleasant.
I guess some folks from the city would consider us on the southern edge of "up north".
Traverse City is a pretty area, about an hour and half north from me. Just from watching CL there's a decent amount of vintage gear around that area.
Not familiar with Arbutas Lake, I'll have to check the map for there.

Nice Ross !

Earlier this year I missed a pair 7.1's on the local Clist for $75.00 I think it was. :dunno: Like an hour to late.

I'm an hour north of Grand Rapids, an hour west of Mt. Pleasant.
I guess some folks from the city would consider us on the southern edge of "up north".
Traverse City is a pretty area, about an hour and half north from me. Just from watching CL there's a decent amount of vintage gear around that area.
Not familiar with Arbutas Lake, I'll have to check the map for there.

Arbutas Lake is actually five lakes connected by small cuts. It's very near Spider Lake, Ranch Rudolph, etc. Just North of Kingsley, and South of Traverse City.

We got our mail in Mayfield. We didn't have mail delivery, talk about living "out there". I wonder how many people have to go get their mail?

I did Google it and saw it is just north of Kingsley.
I have friends in the Kingsley area who are trying to get a group of people together around Labor Day.

Kinda thread related...the lady in Kingsley had/has a pair of Snells. I had recently bought a pair of Snells (1993) when I found out she also had a pair. Mine are JIII, hers are an earlier model.
I suspect her ex-husband was the one who bought them.

Last edited:

View attachment 969711

Very nice setup

My RS 9 Kappas

index.php

index.php

Hey everyone let’s keep this post going, A PICTURE IS WORTH A 1000 WORDS.
Let See what you have or created. Please post those Awesome Infinity Pictures ‼️

Back
Top Bottom