Please show your pics of tube amps

done1%20010_zps3pvhh3lm.jpg

Motorola amp, with DG-SE1 internals.

Went through all 23 pages here and thought I would share pics of my tube amps.

20170202_165640.jpg
Audio Research vm220 monoblocks with 4 octets of tung-sol kt120s.
An Audio Research SP-15 drives the tube amps.
20170202_165711.jpg

My wife and I recently moved into our current home and these pics were taken after staging the equipment for its permanent placement and while waiting for my new Morrow balanced interconnects to arrive, hence the "clean" look.

Last edited:
Thanks Bill, it was the year I was born.....so getting there myself!

I meant to insert your quote here...but somehow missed it...

All the pictures of these wonderful tube amps are inspiring! Awesome thread...

I'm just getting my feet wet with the tube sound, trying out entry level Chi-Fi preamps and am really enjoying it so far.

Here's what I'm using in my computer near field and headphone setup... I swapped out the stock Peking tubes with Russian 6N3P's

s-l1000sed.jpg

My pictures also went away with the forum upgrades, apparently.

Here's some of amps that I built. Note, these are all builds-from-scratch. I will put up some of the resto-mods and the restorations in other posts.

IMG_1675.JPG mil_6l6_int_lf.jpg 7-30-16_thomas_pilot-2_4.jpg 08-25-16_6v6_se_lf.jpg 10-5 amp lf view.JPG 2-chassis_phono_pre_2.jpg 16_dumont-hk 6v6 lf.JPG dual_6l6_completed_front.JPG bottleship_thomas-pilot_rf.jpg 9maggieballs2.jpg

Regards,
Gordon.

And, the "pure restorations" (just rebuilt to stock with new/improved components as needed):

1hk-A300_frt.JPG 2sc-asr333-frt.JPG 4heath_w4_wap2.JPG 5-8601polished-2.jpg 6amp175top.jpg 7fisher400-f.jpg 8eico_hf22_after.JPG aa100_front.JPG w5s after.JPG 14heathkit wa-1.JPG

Regards,
Gordon.

Is that all? Or did you cut and paste an entry from Encyclopedia Galactica? :) Thanks for posting Gordon. It would be great if we could click on each one and see the work you've done underneath.

Thanks! I had a lot of help from folks here and from Shannon and Tom McNally. It was my first full tube amp build. I hope to eventually give it a wooden chassis.

Back
Top Bottom