PM's new beginnings.

Beautiful PM, you have style sir. Please post another shot from your listening spot with the Klipsch's (preferably with your stocking feet elevated in front ;)).

Jim

Didn't realize you had moved so far, PM.

Gorgeous setup...especially with the Klipshorns.

Hope you enjoy the new digs.

Ah, K-horns. THAT explains your "corners 15' apart" requirement to the realtor. :thmbsp:

How's that little Sony tuner working out for you? Ever since I read Aczel's review on the Audio Critic blog I've been terribly intrigued. That little box is apparently a classic example of the steady march of technology - a hundred clams for a tuner that blows away the MR78 and the Marantz 7 in all respects (except maybe looks - Sony needs a fancy version with a glass faceplate to compete :) ).

Didn't know you had K-horns, PM. Bet they sound fantastic with your old McIntosh!

Nice rig. Welcome to Central Texas. You may be able to get the Jazz station out of Trinity University in San Antonio, not bad either.

Nice rig. Welcome to Central Texas. You may be able to get the Jazz station out of Trinity University in San Antonio, not bad either.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm listening a lot to the jazz channel on KUT (HD3), which is surprisingly good. What's Trinity's frequency?

hey PM! Let me also recommend KGSR's HD channel, they play all local/texas stuff, which means they tend to get pretty far removed from the main stream. You will hear lots of Willie and SVR, but also a lot of Texas blues etc that just doesn't get much radio play elsewhere. KGSR is 93.3

Krtu 91.7
Also KPAC 88.3 Classical, probably better then KMFA in Austin, better funded, very nice programming.
and KSTX 89.1. Pure news, NPR, BBC, Fresh Air, Diane Rehm etc. Austins KUT only plays News at traditional hours.

Last edited:
Krtu 91.7
Also KPAC 88.3 Classical, probably better then KMFA in Austin, better funded, very nice programming.
and KSTX 89.1. Pure news, NPR, BBC, Fresh Air, Diane Rehm etc. Austins KUT only plays News at traditional hours.

It's kind of shocking to hear the SAME a.m. announcer KUT had in the the early-mid 1970s when I lived here last.

I'll see if I can catch those SA stations. A bit too far north, I'm afraid.

p3112544.jpg

Listening to my Klipschorns again. When we moved January 31st ahead of The Great DFW Snowpocalypse, the K-Horns couldn't make the trip. Finally got them yesterday (in the house at 11pm), although I waited 8 hours to hook them up.

Those are such beautiful speakers.

I'll see if I can catch those SA stations. A bit too far north, I'm afraid.

You're right - I have only been able to (occasionally) pick up a couple of the higher power SA stations using numerous tuners. I would imagine I'm about 4 miles north of your location. An antenna may get you there if you wanted.

Good looking system there.

Alan

Back
Top Bottom