PNW Gathering 2010

mirror_mirror.jpg

Sleeveless Bad Kirk and Bad Spock, with beatnick beard, from an alternate universe Enterprise in Mirror, Mirror.

Not to be confused with the transporter malfunction episode that divided Kirk into his thesis-antithesis duality. In it, the cerebral/civilized/wimpy Kirk-half realizes he needs the impulsive/aggressive/animal Kirk-half's decisiveness/ability to command in order to save the ship.

It's a classic case of Hegelian synthesis.

Many of the episodes were classic Homer's Odysseyesque greek tragedy. This one appears to be more modern (unless, of course, you knew Harvey Two-Face from Batman stems from the myth of Janus).

Last edited:
Sadly I had to miss it

I very much regret not being able to make it this year.
Sadly my Father passed yesterday after a short battle with cancer.
Needless to say I've pretty much been by his side for the last few weeks.

We shared many hours together watching sports and such on TV and one memory I'll always have is the thrill he got watching his favorite band, Asleep At the Wheel, with me on my home theater system from an episode of Austin City Limits. (He was Texas born and raised and had seen them live many times in his younger days).

Hopefully there will me more NW get togethers in the future that I'll be able to attend.

Ed

I'm sorry for your loss, Ed.
There is good chance that we'll do this again next year.

I'm sorry for your loss, Ed.
There is good chance that we'll do this again next year.

Thank you Arthur,
I do have some work for you when I get a chance to bring up that SX-1250 that I need fixed. (The less said about that the better at this point).

Perhaps if you're planning on coming to Portland anytime soon we could arrange to meet and I could just pass it to you. Not in a big hurry right now tho.

Ed

Had a great time at the gathering. It was good to meet you guys. A few more pics. to add to the album.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 24
and a few more....

Attachments

• DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 24
And some more. I took more but can't seem to get the vertical ones to show up vertical on the thumbs.:scratch2: Might have to do some 'vestigatin'. I must say that I was very impressed by the amount of knowledge that was in that room. I knew how smart you guys were by reading some of your post's but to see the passion with which you spoke of your speakers/amps/receivers/turntables was a cool thing to see and be a part of.

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Rotate images without extra image manipulation software:

If your OS is a somewhat recent MS type, in the Windows Explorer just RT-click on the images and select ROTATE from the menu. You can do them all at once if you select the ones you want.

JBL 4425s are back in business, thx to Sir.Byrd, Tarior

Yeah that was a disappointing demo but the woofers are fine, they had 20+ year old foam surrounds. Sir.Byrd is on the job, new surrounds coming from Rick Cobb.

One week later and the 2214 woofers have new surrounds provided by Tarior, w/ great work done by Sir. Byrd to refoam them.

They sound great with the new surrounds. ...pictures here....

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3627458#post3627458

As an epilogue, here's a pic of my Marantz 2325 freshly back from restoration at Audio Specialties. Thanks to all that purchased gear from me at the PNW gathering, enabling me to bring this monster home!

Attachments

• IMAGE_101.jpg
    IMAGE_101.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom