PNW Gathering 2011

Thanks to Tarior for arranging the fest this year and to everyone who was there. Only regret is that I didn't arrive till noon! I totally missed out on looking through the boxes of vinyl for sale and hearing half the systems.

Next time I won't bring so much gear untouched by human hands in decades. ( I aquired a pickup truck load of gear from a guy who was moving and had a friend at GW who saved the best stuff for him :banana:) That little Pioneer SX-1000TW pictured a few posts back will be getting my attention next :yes:

Only $18 in gas from NE Portland in the Ford Ranger. Well worth the trip!

Anyone in Portland/Vancouver wanna help me solder a few lamp wires in the Sansui 5000X I had at the fest? Never done it before and want to learn :yes:

I was entirely serious with my comment about bringing some carpet next year. It may present some trip hazards, but think of the risk/reward ratio. Are we not men! We can do this! :thmbsp:

I was entirely serious with my comment about bringing some carpet next year. It may present some trip hazards, but think of the risk/reward ratio. Are we not men! We can do this! :thmbsp:

I agree, I might not have needed so much EQ with something on the floor.

Fair enough. I have a rug I can bring. But even with the treatments I am still going to keep the ear protection in close reach next year. ;)

Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan
Fair enough. I have a rug I can bring. But even with the treatments I am still going to keep the ear protection in close reach next year.

I'm sorry, did I play to loud? :D

No, I think he wanted more dubstep. :yes:

I kid! I kid! :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• earprotection.jpg
    earprotection.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 125
It was a nice event with a lot of gear and more people this year. Scott and Dan thanks for letting me hook up to your speakers, I didn't have the room in the car to bring mine out. Lots of nice looking and sounding gear!:thmbsp:

Oh, almost forgon thank you Arthur...also a good way to promote your business!

I really don't do it to promote my biz. In fact, I try to avoid talking shop as much as possible during the gathering. I do it for the enjoyment of meeting the people and checking out the gear.:thmbsp:

I was at my farm in Kentucky and job interviewing out there. I really wanted to be at this thing.

I really don't do it to promote my biz. In fact, I try to avoid talking shop as much as possible during the gathering. I do it for the enjoyment of meeting the people and checking out the gear.:thmbsp:

My appologies, I only thought it would make sense because just about anyone would. Anyway the word of mouth spreads a lot faster than the promotion or advertisements often times. The more happy customers the better!:thmbsp:

Well, been a rough couple of weeks, so finally getting on here to thank a few people and add a few comments.

First, thanks to Arthur for putting this together. Had a great time (my first) and plan on returning again. I've got my IKEA multi-colored rug all rolled up and ready to roll.

To Spalls for providing the electrical cords. Only realized that I had forgot them when we stopped in Centralia to look for a quart of Mobil 1 in the trunk, ....flashing oil light at 75mph in a Mercedes is a terrible thing to witness!:yikes: I read earlier that you had a heart attack; should have swapped stories with my son, Aaron. He had one last July, and two major spinal surgeries since Christmas! He was hurtin' by the time we got home.

Got to witness some great looking AND sounding gear. New, old, modded, hot-rodded and super-charged. All great.

Note to self for next year....

1. Don't bring any tuners/cassette decks to sell.
2. Choose better weapons than Minimus 7W's and a $90 Nikon.
3. IKEA area rug.
4. Electrical cords

Susurus.......

I'm just an old fart and a bit nerdy when it comes to linking things, but......

Go to Stereophile.com

Scroll down to "Bob's Devices"

Anything look familiar?

"Continue Reading" will give more hints from Stephen Mejias.

Back
Top Bottom