Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Thought I would post my Marantz 2230b. Got it back in April of 2009 when I was a sophmore in high school. Plays WONDERFULLY but want to do a recap on it for fun and because its 35yrs old. Might go to a new home IDK but may not.

SANY0448.jpg

SANY0446.jpg

SANY0451.jpg

Marantz 2238B

Here's a few pics of the Marantz 2238B I picked up on CL a few weeks ago. Just finished the clean up and installation of new indicator lamps last weekend. Sounds great now, but the pots were awful before the treatment with DeoxIT. Great stuff that... If I didn't believe in miracles before DeoxIT, I certainly do now!

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Last edited:
I am in absolute awe of all this vintage perfection. You guys have impressive and beautiful collections!
I have a couple of units but would love a 6300 TT to finish it all off someday.
At this point I have a 2216B (off camera) 5020, 2235B, and 2270.
Lrackfini2wip.jpg

Here's a few pics of the Marantz 2238B I picked up on CL a few weeks ago. Just finished the clean up and installation of new indicator lamps last weekend. Sounds great now, but the pots were awful before the treatment with DeoxIT. Great stuff that... If I didn't believe in miracles before DeoxIT, I certainly do now!

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg
Excellent pick-up Treker! I've owned my 2238B since new in '78. My first love, so to speak. While it isn't the flagship of my main system, it's still a great receiver and a plays a role in my household as the driver for my patio system. I would imagine I'll always have this receiver because I can use it just about anywhere I want. Ditto on the DeOxit!

Excellent pick-up Treker! I've owned my 2238B since new in '78. My first love, so to speak. While it isn't the flagship of my main system, it's still a great receiver and a plays a role in my household as the driver for my patio system. I would imagine I'll always have this receiver because I can use it just about anywhere I want. Ditto on the DeOxit!

And the best part is I only had to give $50 for it! This is my best CL find so far!

Thanks to Leicalover Jan and to all for the great Marantz pics :thmbsp:
I've got a new 2270 ...

marantz2270ak.jpg

marantz2270ak2.jpg

marantz2270ak1.jpg

looks good, sounds good ...

I have one on my Fisher KX-100. They do beautiful work. Congrats on a great looking and sounding piece!

Back
Top Bottom