Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Geez...there is a heaven...
I notice you had to install a new power panel (beside John Paul Jones) to keep those heavenly sounds going!

The Electric panel powers the entire basement.Kinda hate that it wound up there.However its convenient to running a dedicated circuit to power the Marantz rack system..

It started life as a sliver face 140 but then i discovered a guy on e-bay selling laser etched Marantz faceplates in black.He had one left for the 140..They are not silk screened they are laser etched which really sounded good to me so bought it.Still have the original silver faceplate for when or if i sell it down the road..

It started life as a sliver face 140 but then i discovered a guy on e-bay selling laser etched Marantz faceplates in black.He had one left for the 140..They are not silk screened they are laser etched which really sounded good to me so bought it.Still have the original silver faceplate for when or if i sell it down the road..
Yep I did them in a couple different colors.
Both the bronze and black are very hard to picture they look very good in person at least I think so.

2230 with wood case... Going to miss it but there will be more. Missing a knob and sometimes while adjusting the volume it makes a crackling sound. One light is out but it's all original and everything else works. IMG_20160626_110017.jpg

I have a 2240 that's recently been restored and it sounds fantastic with my Imperial 7 speakers. The dust covers are long gone and one of the subs is a replacement, but they can still bring down the house. I also have a 1060 but it needs some work, there's lots of static when adjusting the volume knob.

I have a 2230 with case original needs knob and sometimes while adjusting the volume it makes a static noise. Was going to let it go for 200. I came up with that thinking 2230 was worth 125+ and the original W-2 wood case was worth 75+ am I in the right ball park with my values?

Bought this Marantz 4300 from a repair shop I worked at in 1981. Ran it for 5-6 years until problems sidelined it. Eventually replaced it with an NAD 7400. After sitting on a shelf in my brother's garage for just over 30 yrs I brought it home. Doing my research before I even plug it in. Restoration will be a major task.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 34
Bought this Marantz 4300 from a repair shop I worked at in 1981. Ran it for 5-6 years until problems sidelined it. Eventually replaced it with an NAD 7400. After sitting on a shelf in my brother's garage for just over 30 yrs I brought it home. Doing my research before I even plug it in. Restoration will be a major task.

Start with a throrough cleaning of every switch and potentiometer. This in itself is a major task on the 4300. This model is one if not the most difficult vintage marantz to service. Don't forget to clean the 2x4 switch on the back panel and the dolby level pots, also on the back panel.

In order to get to the switches on the right, the pre amp board, tone control and volume pot need to be moved out of the way. This involves seperating the tone control mother daughter and unsoldering wires.

Build a dim bulb tester if you don't already have one.

Start with a throrough cleaning of every switch and potentiometer. This in itself is a major task on the 4300. This model is one if not the most difficult vintage marantz to service. Don't forget to clean the 2x4 switch on the back panel and the dolby level pots, also on the back panel.

In order to get to the switches on the right, the pre amp board, tone control and volume pot need to be moved out of the way. This involves seperating the tone control mother daughter and unsoldering wires.

Build a dim bulb tester if you don't already have one.
Thanks for the tips. I migrated from audio repair to PC repair/IT support through the years and would almost rather tear into any laptop I have ever seen than this beast. BUT the rewards here will be greater. I did use a dim bulb tester on the bench years ago so I will set up another. Thanks again.

Couple new pieces in the stash.

Here are the new members.

A very mint, fully functioning 4400. : ) A little dust but will clean up really nice. The interior and chassis are perfect!

20160823_200236.jpg

Next up is a new in box factory refurbished SM-6. Again, mint inside and out! These just arrived last night, needles to say I can't wait to get home tonight.

20160823_204936.jpg

20160823_204629.jpg

My Marantz Gear.jpg 2285 w/wood cabinet -- purchased new late 1970s
4400 w/wood cabinet & SQA2 Decoder
19 -- custom calibrated
6200 turntable
SD8000
CD6005
Imperial 8 (four)
Imperial 6 (pair)

As of right now, knock on wood, everything is working. Next purchase will be a cabinet for the Nineteen.

Last edited:
After looking for any decent Marantz receiver for quite some time, I finally landed one! It's my first time even seeing one in person. They just don't come up for sale here often.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 93
After looking for any decent Marantz receiver for quite some time, I finally landed one! It's my first time even seeing one in person. They just don't come up for sale here often.

Be careful. Marantz can been addictive. I started with a 2285, bought new in the 1970s. Then, in the past year I got the Marantz itch -- again. I picked up a pristine 4400 and in the past month, a 19. Enjoy your 2270.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom