Post your photography!!

24loduu.jpg

I'm a SOOC (straight out of camera) type shooter, and those are pretty nice!
Thank you, I try to do as little post editing as possible especially with my clients for portraits and weddings, I believe natural light is the best light and if you get your settings and composition correct in camera there very little need for editing, imo of course.

I simply don't have the money for all the fancy software, I'd rather spend what I do have on the gear.
Those are really nice results for SOOC.
I wonder if my Sony can do that too.....

I simply don't have the money for all the fancy software, I'd rather spend what I do have on the gear.
Those are really nice results for SOOC.
I wonder if my Sony can do that too.....
There's alot of free software editing sites for quick touch ups but I agree for us the gear and honing your craft and there will be very little need for alot of post editing. Im sure you can get very similar results with your gear all it takes is patience the right composition and lighting.

View attachment 965562

Sony DSC HX300, spot metered auto exposure.
What spot did you meter? I'm guessing the dragonfly's face, because the highlights on the post are blown out. While it is great to get what you want in-camera, shooting this in raw and decreasing the exposure a bit would allow recovering the detail in the post, while shadow brightening would bring back the exposure for the face.

What spot did you meter? I'm guessing the dragonfly's face, because the highlights on the post are blown out. While it is great to get what you want in-camera, shooting this in raw and decreasing the exposure a bit would allow recovering the detail in the post, while shadow brightening would bring back the exposure for the face.
No RAW capability with the HX-300, and yes I metered the dragonfly rather than the post.

It's a quick and dirty shot. You shoot it your way and post it.

Yours is a lot better. Did you do that in post, or in the settings? Low iso, fast shutter?
Oh I wasn't trying to compete with yours, yours is a very beautiful shot, it just reminded me that I had taken a similar shot years ago. It's actually very little post I use Lightroom , the sky was that red and and smokey due to a fire that had blew in and went across the sky as the sun was setting.

Shot was taken in New Mexico, I used a Canon 24-70L if I remember correctly, iso was around 200 probably was about f4 shutter speed not to high. That's all based on memory from that photo, I can always go bag in and check what my settings were in Lightroom.

Back
Top Bottom