Pre-amp recommendation please!

sonix

Can anyone recommend a 2 channel pre amp that comes with a 1) remote, 2) has phono stage 3) and a loudness button...lol, ok I can probably live without a loudness button.

No real budget in mind just throw something at me. It seems like there are not many options other than using a receiver. I don't like the idea of an idling power supply on the receiver, so I would prefer just a pre amp. Dang its a desert out there.

Without a budget line there are plenty possibilities. I could buy a Naim NAC 202 and use a separate Phono stage like NAD PP2 (you need to get up for playing a vinyl anyway :))

You really need to give us a budget range. Otherwise, the recommendations will be all over the map.

Some Onkyo preamps have all those,well they have a variable loudness control,which IMHO is better than a loudness button.
Only downside is the phono is MM only as far as I recall. My P-301 is like that,remote control,MM phono,variable loudness.
There are a few other Onkyo preamp part no.s that have the same basic configuration.

Also Adcom GFP-710 & GFP-715 both had remotes and a phono section.
Though these both use a "contour" control that's similar to a loudness button.

Then there are some pre-tuners like that as well.
NAD 1600 is like that IIRC. And it has a really nice phono section.

I'm sure there are others if one is willing to seek them out.

HTH

Bret P.

I built the Akitika PR-101 preamp and the phono kits.The kit quality was excellent and the sound is also. Looking to build the GT101 stereo amp next.

Back
Top Bottom