Primare Systems PRIME Flat Inter-Connects & Speaker Cables

adpopulum

Anybody remember these? They are give or take 20 years old IIRC. They came in a Gold tin (inter-connects pictured) and are completely flat. Reached out to Mofi Distributions (Primare's Canadian distributer) who reached out to Primare and neither have any recollection of ever manufacturing or retailing cables! Given this I was wondering if they weren't manufactured by Nordost and supplied to Primare as Nordost are well known for their “Flatline” cables? Ring any bells?

Attachments

• IMG_4878.JPG
    IMG_4878.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4880.JPG
    IMG_4880.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4882.JPG
    IMG_4882.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 35
When I heard about them I decided to try my own version. I applied 1” wide copper tape up the walls to my minimus 7 side and rear speakers. Short pieces of speaker wire soldered at the top of each piece of tape. Long pieces of speaker wire soldered at the bottom of the tape to the amp. A coat of Sheetrock mud and paint to match the walls and you can’t see the tape. Equivalent to about 18 ga wire. Been working fine for many years.

Yup, they sure would be nice if you had to run them under a rug too. BTW, when you say "them" do you mean the Primare branded cables or Nordost branded?

Back
Top Bottom