Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Cartridge Upgrade Options?

bar72

So I picked up a Debut Carbon DC for next to nothing. Not a patch on my Technics / Rega setup but would do as a backup table. Problem I'm having is upgrading the cartridge on such a light arm, arm mass is 6 gram, ideal for Ortofon carts but I'm more of an Audio Technica listener.

Am I correct in saying that working out the compliance of Jap carts is by multiplying Dynamic Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyne @100 Hz by 1.75 gives me compliance at 10Hz, as in a compliance of 17.5 @10hz???

Anyone used this arm with an AT cart? Appears to be the microlines that are compliant enough but wondering if I could get away with an AT120 / AT440MLb as struggling to find a compliant lower cost Elliptical cartridge.

Any suggestion, tnx in adv ;

I used my Debut III with an Ortofon 2M Black. Worked great. The best combo (IMHO) was a 2M Blue. While the Black was better, the Blue just seemed to be more musical and easier to listen to for a long time. Of course, all of this is IMHO. I wish you well.
One other thing: I am not sure if the Debut Carbon has a built in speed box or not. If it doesn't, the speed box is the biggest improvement you can make.

No speed box built in but it has the DC motor and sounds great on the piano notes. Glad to hear you mentioned the Blue as it's relatively cheap and tracks way better than the Red. Thanks for the info..

Back
Top Bottom