Pro-ject replacement cables

Joe Kennedy

Hey everyone, first time poster here.
A few months ago, I purchased a pro-ject debut III turntable, and have slowly been purchasing the accessories. Today, the speed box s came in. I quickly became puzzled and came to the realization that the cable was missing (I made the puirchase pre owned on ebay) to connect the box to the turntable; a ~16V output cable with the power connector at both ends. I was carelessly hooking both power cords to the box while I was on the phone, and realized that the unit quickly turned off. It looks like I just thrashed the power cord for the turntable motor, but that will be replaced when I get the required cable,anyway. Arriving to the point, can anyone direct me to where I can purchase the cable I need? Currently, I am waiting for a response back from pro-ject customer service, as well as the seller on ebay.. I also attached a photo of the cable.
Thank you all in advance for your time and have an awesome weekend!
Joe

Welcome to AK. I'm afraid the photo isn't showing.

If you update the location in your profile, it will be easier for us to recommend sources.

Welcome to AK. I'm afraid the photo isn't showing.

If you update the location in your profile, it will be easier for us to recommend sources.
Thank you for the welcome. I'll get on updating that but I live in Binghamton, New York, so you don't have to keep looking for me to update it.

I would try every barrel plug in the house (not energized, of course) to find one that fits, and then measure it.

I would try every barrel plug in the house (not energized, of course) to find one that fits, and then measure it.
The only tool kit I have is for repairing PC's, but I will purchase a tape tomorrow and go to town. I think this seller's feedback may have a negative comment here soon if I don't hear from him. The overwhelming majority of it is positive, so I'm quite surprised to have this dilemma. I was so happy to be able to turn the table on and off and change play speeds with the pushing of buttons instead of having to disconnect the power source to get the motor to power down and taking the platter off and moving the drive belt. Castles made of sand, I guess

Couldn't bring myself to spend 60-70 US on a cable for the caliber system I currently have. There's this store locally that's like what radioshack wishes it was when they were still around. Will probably go there tomorrow and I feel pretty good about the chances of them having it.

Does the plug on the original cord fit both the TT and the speed box? If so that is the size connector you need. If you know how to solder you can easily make your own for probably <$10...

Hey everyone, first time poster here.
A few months ago, I purchased a pro-ject debut III turntable, and have slowly been purchasing the accessories. Today, the speed box s came in. I quickly became puzzled and came to the realization that the cable was missing (I made the puirchase pre owned on ebay) to connect the box to the turntable; a ~16V output cable with the power connector at both ends. I was carelessly hooking both power cords to the box while I was on the phone, and realized that the unit quickly turned off. It looks like I just thrashed the power cord for the turntable motor, but that will be replaced when I get the required cable,anyway. Arriving to the point, can anyone direct me to where I can purchase the cable I need? Currently, I am waiting for a response back from pro-ject customer service, as well as the seller on ebay.. I also attached a photo of the cable.
Thank you all in advance for your time and have an awesome weekend!
Joe

I'm confused. What exactly happened here? The way I understand it, you plug the Speedbox into the wall, then there is a cord that goes from the Speedbox to your turntable, which should have a cable with a connector that goes from the out of the speedbox to the in of the turntable power connector. Yes?

But then you did this "I was carelessly hooking both power cords to the box while I was on the phone" Can you clarify what that means? How did you "thrashed the power cord for the turntable motor" ?

I'm not ragging on you, just drinking and confused. :)

Couldn't bring myself to spend 60-70 US on a cable for the caliber system I currently have. There's this store locally that's like what radioshack wishes it was when they were still around. Will probably go there tomorrow and I feel pretty good about the chances of them having it.

Can't say I blame you. Although it didn't cost as much for me, it still wasn't cheap and I wouldn't have bought it if I could have found something that cost less here in the UK. I needed a replacement as the original cable was too short for my set-up.

I was able to reach the seller of the device and he will be sending out the required cable tomorrow. Until then it's just digital. Thank you all so much for your help

I'm confused. What exactly happened here? The way I understand it, you plug the Speedbox into the wall, then there is a cord that goes from the Speedbox to your turntable, which should have a cable with a connector that goes from the out of the speedbox to the in of the turntable power connector. Yes?

But then you did this "I was carelessly hooking both power cords to the box while I was on the phone" Can you clarify what that means? How did you "thrashed the power cord for the turntable motor" ?

I'm not ragging on you, just drinking and confused. :)
The seller neglected to send the cable to connect the box and the turntable. Like a dumb dumb, I plugged both power cords in and tried to turn the thing on, then wondered why it stayed on for a split second and my TT power cord was extremely hot.

Back
Top Bottom