Proving The Earth Is Flat In Homemade Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm? wonder if the flyer...rocket man has looked into the effect vacuum has on the boiling point of water. If he did, I think he'd think twice...but he is in the limelight and I guess it's warm there. He will prove the earth is solid, though.

Lightened me day, Mr. P.

Q

Would not work with more education.

I don't have much education, I'm sure you can see by my spelling grammar and punctuation.

However my IQ is high and I posses common sense, logic and problem solving skills. My brain works in reality and is one reason I don't like TV shows and movies. I'm to busy picking it apart as to how fake it looks and sounds.

News is the same thing, I look at agenda and if in human nature "is it plausible and grounded in reality". News today is, if we say it enough times it must be true, regardless if there is a paper trail or actual facts presented.

Main Stream Media...

Would not work with more education.
- It does not work in Germany for instance. Only the new immigrants ond really dumb Germans fall for polarizing, clickbait like news. Educated people will smell the BS from the headline alone and simply dismiss the entire paper, the end. If there is a hint of emotion, it is seen as fiction, not actual news.

The older people here tell me they where trained to spot propaganda so they showed their kids (boomers?) and that bs does not fly here.

But the young kids... they don't have the filter.

And .. its a Steam powered rocket!!
What a concept ... What could possibly go wrong ...?

Last edited:
I don't have much education, I'm sure you can see by my spelling grammar and punctuation.

However my IQ is high and I posses common sense, logic and problem solving skills. My brain works in reality and is one reason I don't like TV shows and movies. I'm to busy picking it apart as to how fake it looks and sounds.

News is the same thing, I look at agenda and if in human nature "is it plausible and grounded in reality". News today is, if we say it enough times it must be true, regardless if there is a paper trail or actual facts presented.

Is that so? :) how about them cables and their sound ;) :)

(Someone wanted this to be a cable thread, so here you go.)

My IQ is 127. (not a Facebook test)
I'm pretty stupid all in all, from my point of view. I think the docs measured wrong.

I have no problem suspending disbelief at all, in fact I enjoy it tremendously and over long periods of time. :)
You should try it, there is creativity to be found in the resulting chaos. Enjoy!

Education I don't think is the sole answer, or at least not the way its often applied. In many cases I think "education" is interpreted as telling people what they should know or think, where I'd much rather see it used in the sense of teaching people how to learn, or how to think for themselves. Teaching to pass a test fails that IMO.

Small example from high school. I had chemistry my sophomore year. Most of that class was the teacher forcing us to memorize the periodic table, for each element we had to know the symbol, atomic weight, and atomic mass. I don't remember most of it, and right now if you put one in front of me I don't know that I could actually do anything useful with it. I consider that to be a lot of useless "education" because I didn't actually learn anything. In other science classes we learned about the scientific method and were given problems to figure out using it, designing experiments and that kind of thing. I think that was vastly more useful and I still use that on a regular basis. Its not done in any kind of formal way, I don't write peer reviewed papers or anything, but troubleshooting and repairing broken stuff you have to think about it in a similar way. What does it do / not do, what is likely to cause that, how do I prove or disprove that, what are my results. Basically I learned how to think about problems, not what the answer to the problem was.

Well put gadget73.
The periodic table always gave me a headache and I took chemistry with quantitative analysis in college - barely passed that one but passed it nonetheless.
Still to this day I get a headache from the periodic table of elements.

As far as the initial subject of this thread in the opening OP goes, if what it really represents wasn't so really sad it would indeed be humorous.
I'm trying not to take it that seriously so I can laugh about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom