Pustelniakr's Main Rig

Awesome triple stack! :yes:
One question though: do your tone arms not skip with the vibration of having the speakers so close, or do you get any feedback problems? :scratch2:

ToTo Man said:
Awesome triple stack! :yes:
One question though: do your tone arms not skip with the vibration of having the speakers so close, or do you get any feedback problems? :scratch2:
Notice that my turntables are PL-630. I can crank to the max and with no effect on the tables. I could actually put the PL-630 on top of an HPM-100, with no ill effects.

Rich P

Vinylhammer said:
That looks great. Just one question, how does that amp handle three pairs of speakers without frying?
2 SA-9500-IIs are required, no more than 2 pairs per amp. One pair is currently unpowered, as its SA-9500-II is in the queue for full sweetening.

Rich P

pustelniakr said:
2 SA-9500-IIs are required, no more than 2 pairs per amp. One pair is currently unpowered, as its SA-9500-II is in the queue for full sweetening.

Rich P

Ah hahhhhhhhh......... I was wondering about that.............. :scratch2:

pustelniakr said:
Notice that my turntables are PL-630. I can crank to the max and with no effect on the tables. I could actually put the PL-630 on top of an HPM-100, with no ill effects.

Rich P

Rich Please explain further?

I always like learning more about Pioneer stuff.

Mark W. said:
Rich Please explain further?

I always like learning more about Pioneer stuff.
The PL-630 is designed and built so well that it is pretty nearly impervious to mechanical vibration. So, no howling, no feedback, no rumbling, no problem near speakers, or even on top of speakers. I can (within reason) tap on on the plinth, or remove the dust-cover, while playing an LP, and not disrupt the tunes. This puppy is heavy as the dickens, and the suspension is kind of amazing. You gotta know how to adjust the suspension to get that kind of performance, but I have it pretty well down after so many of these coming through here.

I'm just about ready to take a 1/2 dozen of them apart and put them back together, swapping parts around to make the upper tier of them as pristine as possible, while being able to bring the bottom tier (ugly ducklings) up to full factory spec, in performance. Sure is fun. Kinda like the good old days with a Harley, when you strip her down to the individual bolts, during the winter months, and bring her back up to full speed by spring, sweetening each part as you go. Now you know where the patience comes from to do this audio restoration stuff (recapping CT-F1000s (166 'lytic caps on 16 circuit boards), etc.). Hey! Who wouldn't want to make a full $0.35 per hour to do this work?

Rich P

Rich, beautiful system you have there, I know I would love to have a triple stack of my own. You're right on the money with your praise of the PL-630, I just love mine! You know, I think the guy I got it from had a name similar to yours. :D

Brassuaboy said:
Rich, beautiful system you have there, I know I would love to have a triple stack of my own. You're right on the money with your praise of the PL-630, I just love mine! You know, I think the guy I got it from had a name similar to yours. :D
Hmmmmmm :beatnik:

Rich P

Way cool! The stack says it's obvious that you don't live in Japan. The first thing I noticed about audio here is that no one stacks ANYTHING because the earth keeps moving around. I've watched cassettes launched from my shelf half way across my listening room, and that was just a tremor! I'd love to hear what six of those things sounds like? Dare I ask?

Oh, come on Rich.
We all know that all the extra mechanical bits in an auto turntable will vibrate like crazy and screw up the sound, right? :D

System Update - Dec. 2014

For comparative reference, here is the previous version:

Main Rig - 2006.jpg

A few things have changed, but not as much as one might think for an eight-years-later system. Actually, the system has been pretty stable for several years now...

Main Rig - 2014.jpg

Top:
Samsung SP-R4212 (42" Plasma)
Pioneer PL-630 (x2) (TT)
AudioTechnica AT155LC (Cart)
Benz Micro MC-Silver (Cart)
Pioneer MA-62A (Mixer)
Wii (with lots of trimmings)
Audio-Technica ATW-T202 (Wireless Microphone)
Audio-Technica ATW-R250 (VHF Microphone Receiver)

Sides:
Radio Shack TV Antenna (w/ wireless positioning)
Pioneer HPM-100 (3 pair)

Left Rack:
DBX-200X (Tape & Signal Processor Patching)
Pioneer TX-9500-II (Tuna)
Pioneer SG-9500 (Eq)
Pioneer SPEC-1 (Preamp)
Pioneer SPEC-4 (Power Amp x2)

Center Rack:
Pioneer RT-909 (R2R)
Phase Linear/Pioneer PL-1000-II (Auto-Correllator, owned by Pioneer)
Pioneer DT-500 (Audio Timer)
Pioneer DV-50A (DVD/SACD/CD Player)
Pioneer CT-F1250 (Cassette Player)
Pioneer CT-F1000 (Cassette Player)

Right Rack:
Pioneer RH-65 (8-Track Player)
RiTech RJ-4200 (CD/CD+G Karaoke Player)
Teac AN-300 (Dolby-B Unit)
Samsung SIR-451 (HDTV Tuner)
HTPC based on ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe MB (w/ built-in Dolby Soundstorm Digital Encoder, wireless keyboard & trackball)
Pioneer CT-F1000 (Cassette Player x2)

I even got the front-most end of the same dog in a similar location as the hind-most end was seen in the previous pic.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
We didn't have a Member's Systems forum when Rich created this thread, but now that we do, I've moved it to there.
If you want it moved back, let me know, Rich.

Interesting. Can't wait to see what he has done. Minimalist British system perhaps? :)

Me thinks the audio system could use some Pioneer. :D

One question... What is that thing on top of your left speaker, does it help to obtain better sound? :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom