Q about tosh 3960 and DTS

shrinkboy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
i got one o' these tosh's recently, and did not try a DTS disc in it until just this am. it was a DTS audio disc. could not get any sound. i have it hooked to a pioneer sx 626 i use as a preamp. i got to thinking maybe the pre has to have some circuitry for the DTS signal, which was why i couldn't get any sound....

am i on the right track, or do i need to take my 3960 back for another?

shrinkboy

Nope, I can't use DTS audio disc's hooked up with analog jacks either. But DVD-audio discs will work. Hope that helps.

Yep you need a DTS compatible receiver to get DTS. You must be using the digital outputs of the player too. Analog outs will not suffice.

Mike

You can use the analog outputs with one of the 4900 series. I have a couple of really old Toshibas that are 24/96 that I use just as CDPs and like them fine. I have a newer one in the main rig that does movies and CDs. Personally I don't like the surround for music, but for movies it is great.

The latest 5.1 Tosh now has SACD playback as well, but I don't know how it does with redbook.

thanx thatch. say, listen. is everything ok with you and russ, or do you guys need a little relationship counseling?

shrinkboy

Back
Top Bottom