Qobuz HiRez streaming has finally hit the U.S. and it’s really really good

I don’t have a problem with whatever anyone likes to listen to , Qobuz Tidal pandora Spotify flac alac lossy hi-res mp3 , who cares enjoy the music . This is a Qobuz thread but it’s ok to mention tidal and Mqa , wouldn’t be thread if there wasn’t a bit of side bar on the opposing team , however turning it into a tidal vs Qobuz and one is better than another won’t be tolerated and I did make that clear , otherwise enjoy the music in this great time we live in to have the choices to select music at the touch of a screen!

Audiofreak71

Yup, and I've already said that both CD quality streams to me sound identical. At least I'm one of the few on this thread commenting that has access to both services simultaneously.

What is not appropriate is for me to tolerate a comment like the one below when nothing could be further from the truth:

Here we go again, MQA victims crying about their petty injustices on a Qobuz thread. You could start your own thread if so inclined! :)

Last edited:
Yup, and I've already said that both CD quality streams to me sound identical. At least I'm one of the few on this thread commenting that has access to both services simultaneously.

What is not appropriate is for me to tolerate a comment like this when nothing could be further from the truth:

Here we go again, MQA victims crying about their petty injustices on a Qobuz thread. You could start your own thread if so inclined! :)
Yeah I hear you , but we’re all grown ups here and the problem in allot of cases is we’re not standing in front of each other talking therefore sometimes typing gets perceived differently. It’s all good though and I’m glad you can bring to the table both sides of the house , a Tidal and Qobuz perspective, that gives people that are interested insight for potential subscribing to one both or all .

Audiofreak71

Speaking of getting back on topic , are you still running smooth with your streaming so far ?

Audiofreak71
I've mostly been using qobuz for auditioning rather than just streaming but it is working fine here on 24/96 and have found several new albums to DL including this one from last night that I like quite a bit already.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
I've mostly been using qobuz for auditioning rather than just streaming but it is working fine here on 24/96 and have found several new albums to DL including this one from last night that I like quite a bit already.
Casandra Wilson is is an incredible artist imo and very good quality recodings , I have here stuff on vinyl, cd, and streaming . I’ve compared her albums on both Qobuz, Tidal , vinyl and cds and in some cases the cd trumped her hi-res stuff on Qobuz and the vinyl trumped the 16/44 on tidal but it was all fun to experiment.

Audiofreak71

Check out the Traveling Miles album also if you get a chance it’s a tribute to Miles Davis and is done really good imo , one of my favorites from her .

Audiofreak71

Check out the Traveling Miles album also if you get a chance it’s a tribute to Miles Davis and is done really good imo , one of my favorites from her .

Audiofreak71
Yes, that was the second C.W. album I bought last night, both of them have the Qobuz Ideal discography . That is what the big Q is in the pic.. I haven't played too much Traveling Miles yet other than last night streaming. I have to say however that New Moon Daughter is already proving one of the best sounding Hi Rez albums I have! The tiniest detail is just crisp!!
Capture.JPG

Yes, that was the second C.W. album I bought last night, both of them have the Qobuz Ideal discography . That is what the big Q is in the pic.. I haven't played too much Traveling Miles yet other than last night streaming. I have to say however that New Moon Daughter is already proving one of the best sounding Hi Rez albums I have! The tiniest detail is just crisp!!
View attachment 1424874
I agree her recordings are top notch , glad to hear your having fun and enjoying the albums . I’m still learning myself and learning from you guys findings as well , so it’s all a great experience so far .

Audiofreak71

Just ran across an amazing album. If you have a system/DAC with great detail retrieval checkout Houston Person / Ron Carter - Remember Love album.

So eery hearing Houstons breathe while playing the sax. Very good recording all around.

Speaking of Qobuz lack of discovery... With Roon you can turn on Radio, after the album/track that you played, it will start radio and play similar style songs. have discovered some good stuff this way (outside of apps like Pandora, Apple Music, etc. )

Just ran across an amazing album. If you have a system/DAC with great detail retrieval checkout Houston Person / Ron Carter - Remember Love album.

So eery hearing Houstons breathe while playing the sax. Very good recording all around.

Speaking of Qobuz lack of discovery... With Roon you can turn on Radio, after the album/track that you played, it will start radio and play similar style songs. have discovered some good stuff this way (outside of apps like Pandora, Apple Music, etc. )
Spooky realism right there , sounds like him and his band are in my room , thanks for the recommendation.

Audiofreak71

Here goes some good quality albums/tracks to test a system . On the last two track , Rocket Man by HER you can hear the guitar amp buzzing so don’t worry it shouldn’t be your system . You can also compare the 16/44 vs 24 bit version of you want .

3B22C926-F8AD-41DC-B975-DDCE7F5EF036.jpeg BADFCF99-5DB0-45E3-B46F-D589DA6B4E1F.jpeg A0DB43BB-F46A-4142-A746-AB3869A477BF.jpeg
2926EC46-C386-4FDA-AFCC-89FC4AEAAE4C.jpeg
310DEA11-8D10-473C-BA86-72336A1A9B0B.jpeg
C1CC2F32-2F0D-4A63-9B9D-FC0A85D52531.jpeg

Audiofreak71

Last edited:
Here’s a few more quality recordings to put your system to the test, the Dominic Miller songs will put your low end to the test so warning if your speakers can’t handle deep bass.
P.S. these are all off Qobuz obviously but just for full disclosure wanted you all to know .

24AF9FE1-0984-4721-AF5D-77992FFC158D.jpeg E1903A37-75D0-46DD-8EDC-1AC65DD7D3AC.jpeg 38E489F7-13AD-4CF4-939A-545A28B67A55.jpeg

One more for good measure
EAF51984-6669-4292-9FF1-5AD10199C88E.jpeg

Audiofreak71

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom