Question about HDMI cabling

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My LG computer monitor has died and it replacement is on it's way. The replacement is a Samsung CF390 Series Curved 24-Inch FHD Monitor. The LG, which was about 8 years old did not have an HDMI port. I used it's DVI port. My AMD Raedon R9 380 GPU has but one HDMI port. The HDMI Is plugged into my Onkyo AVR so it can control this input to the LG HDTV, it can also be used as a computer monitor, and it works very well. My question is can I run both monitors from the same HDMI port. Not a big deal if I can't I can use the DisplayPort output.

All the monitors I've been running have multiple input options. The desktop PC I'm using to write this post has RGB, HDMI, DVI and display port connectors (NVidea display card). Currently I'm using HDMI (connected to my stereo/HT system) and RGB connected to a 27" Qnix monitor running at 2650 x 1440. The Qnix monitor has all four of the previously mentioned connectors. It also has an audio in connector. The monitor's onboard speaker level from the audio in connector is so low as to be unusable. I haven't tried to split the HDMI output to drive more than one monitor/TV.

The details on the monitor I have coming where unclear and it only has a VGA, and a HDMI input, very strange. I have an 2 port Powered HDMI spliter coming which will do what I need. The signal will go to the monitor, and through the Onkyo AVR to the the HDTV.

Last edited:
I have it setup and I learned that I no longer have separate display capability with a split HDMI feed I have a DisplayPort to HDMI cable on it way to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom