Mitsubishi da-r210

receiver. Which one is a better choice?

Thanks.

Hi I've Got to choose between
Yamaha cr-420
and
Mitsubishi da-r210
receiver. Which one is a better choice?

Condition, condition, condition... And then factor in price, and (if you have the opportunity) audition and determine which one sounds better to YOU. If you have a moderator move this to Dollars and Sense, you can include prices for comparison of value. It is helpful if you include your location too--values vary by geographic market, and others may chime in with alternate options in your area that you just aren't aware of yet. Pics always help!

The Yamaha has 22wpc
The Mitsubishi has 30wpc

The Yamaha is a a common model with a lot of online data to review.
The Mitsubishi is not common and very little information to review.
I do think the Mitsubishi looks very nice.
I would guess it is a quality unit.
I agree with savatage1973.
Which ever unit is in better condition, and sounds better would be my choice.
If either unit is in need of repairs, the costs would be more than the market value of the receiver.
Nice pieces, good luck.

The Yamaha is a a common model with a lot of online data to review.
The Mitsubishi is not common and very little information to review.
I do think the Mitsubishi looks very nice.
I would guess it is a quality unit.

Yup--the Yamaha is a fairly "common" model, so documentation and service assistance is readily available should you need to do some work on it (or have it done)--probably a lot of "parts mules" out there, as well.

The Mitsubishi's are far scarcer, but (in general), they are well-built units. Probably a bit more difficult to get serviced, should you need to.

As also mentioned, neither one of them is worth investing significant money into for repairs/restoration--especially if you have to pay someone to do it, rather than just tinkering with it yourself.

Welcome to AK! :)

In addition to the posts already received, where are you located? One thing I do see on the net that may be a factor is that an image search for the Mitsubishi produces results that mostly appear in Europe, running on 220V 50Hz. If you're in the US/Americas, you might need a converter to use it. That might've been a model that didn't make it across the pond.

As an owner of a Yamaha CR (in my case a 1020), I can definitely recommend the brand and model line. They're very well made, great sounding receivers. But I'll hand it to the Mitsubishi, that's a good looking receiver.

originalslika_Mitsubishi-DA-R210-stereo-receiver-176639977.jpg

Screenshot_20190110-064426~01.png Screenshot_20190110-064618~01.png Screenshot_20190110-064552~01.png Screenshot_20190110-064459~01.png Screenshot_20190110-064521~01.png Screenshot_20190110-063153~01.png
Welcome to AK! :)

In addition to the posts already received, where are you located? One thing I do see on the net that may be a factor is that an image search for the Mitsubishi produces results that mostly appear in Europe, running on 220V 50Hz. If you're in the US/Americas, you might need a converter to use it. That might've been a model that didn't make it across the pond.

As an owner of a Yamaha CR (in my case a 1020), I can definitely recommend the brand and model line. They're very well made, great sounding receivers. But I'll hand it to the Mitsubishi, that's a good looking receiver.

originalslika_Mitsubishi-DA-R210-stereo-receiver-176639977.jpg
Im from Poland, Europe.
So, You would recommend mitsubishi over yamaha ?

Last edited:
There are almost zero info or reviews of mitsubishi in the net...but about yamaha are easily to find. For example a opinion from hifiengine about yamaha:

This is a truely spectacular sounding unit, for a solid state stock receiver.
I mod gear , have made over 1000 high end tube amps, still in service, etc etc.

I was testing a number of vintage era hi fi recieivers, and amps, and the YAMAHA was a DISTINCT STANDOUT compared to Marantz, Sansui, Dynaco, Quad, Radford, Harmon Kardon and others.

I was quite surprised at the order of magnitude clarity differance from what i had been hearing all day.
i guess the giant 2000+ UF output couplers on most of the older designs arent doing them any favours.

cheers.

I never liked liked the plastic chassis of later Mitsubishi silver gear. CR-420 is too far down the line to interest me. I'ved owned CR-1020 and 2020 and didnt' like them either. They ran hot AND sounded compressed with poor bass. Save your pennies and get the best Yamaha which was the CR-2040.

I'm not thrilled with my Yamaha CR-600. It doesn't run hot or have what I would describe as poor bass. But it's not very musical either. I don't know what speakers I would need to use it with as my only receiver but I don't have them.

Ok, glad that the electrical isn’t going to be an issue, that just seemed to be a detail that might’ve been missed.

Having never heard either, I’m not qualified to give you a direct answer. The best I can say is I have a Yamaha in that same CR-(X)20 lineup and it has been an excellent receiver.

Speakers paired with either are going to be a big factor as well, since some speakers are going to work better (synergy) than others. FWIW I have electronically equivalent clones of the old model SF Concertinos running on my Yamaha, and they sound amazing with it.

Well...a lot of different kinds, but mainly jazz, progrock, rock, classical, soundtracks, a bit of electronica, triphop, and so on...

I'm not a fan of powered subs but I think I see one coming your way. The reason being that while your speakers are very good they have a frequency response of 45 to 22. I can't think of any receiver that will make them step out with a convincing performance on your music taste.
I think the Yamaha and your speakers may sound nice and clean, to the point of sterility. At least without the sub. So I'm not going to recommend a receiver.
But the right receiver, a good powered sub and your good speakers, from what I understand is a proven recipe. And very cost effective.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom