Question regarding Denon DCD-1000

Andrei

Hi guys!
I got a vintage Denon DCD-1000 cd player. Paid around 30 USD for it. It's a player from 1985/6. Quite a rare player but you can still find it rather cheap on ebay.
I don't know very much about cd players so I searched the net about some specific info on this model. I found something in a High Fidelity Magazine from that era that says that the Denon DCD-1000 has and I quote: "the world's first DAC that's hand-tuned for reduced D/A transfer distortion, plus real-time phase correction". As I said, I'm not technical savvy that's why I'm asking: is this (and I'm referring to the world's first hand-tuned DAC) of some historical significance? Is this something really interesting, something that really changed the sound for the better?
The player sounds really ok, has a deep soundstage and a somehow lush sound.
Thanks!

It's a nice entry level Denon cd player. It can have either KSS-121A / KSS-123A laser pickup. If it has the second one, it should be a better sounding unit. A little mod should make it sound alot better. Joe

Replace the caps and opamps after the DAC. If you have a soldering iron, you should do it yourself. I can do it for you but you have to ship the board to me. I don't have the schematics on this model but I can do the mod if I have the cd player or board with me. It should be about $50-60 excluding shipping cost. To remove the board you have to remove all the connections and label them. let me know if you are further interested. Joe

Hello, I have also this CDC 1000 fro 80'. I am the first owner. In the very beginning (in 80') I realized that the player did not find easily first or second track if a cd included several "tracks" (songs). I have lived with it as it is a good player. After several tries, perhaps starting from track three and coming back to 2 and 1 it finds the first and plays the whole cd OK. I do not know whether it includes KSS 121 or 123 but I can check. Do you believe that changing the laser unit will help. I have cleaned the lence several times but it did not help. If you think that changing laser unit will help and if it has 121 can I replace it with 123 directly.

Back
Top Bottom