R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

Wow. I'm sitting here listening to Prince and getting all mopey. This is news that I didn't want to hear. I remember a couple of great email exchanges with him over shipping to Canada. Picking stuff out of his great lists was a lot of fun, especially knowing that he was raising money for charity. He sent me some great vinyl, the best that I can remember is Sinatra at the Sands. It's going to be an extended listening session tonight.

LOL, just remembered going to the post office and mailing George a money order. Once you were a repeat buyer, he would ship and trust that payment was on the way.

RIP George a lot of people here will always remember him, which says a lot about a person. You know as the years go by it might be something to think of about having a place where all the members who have past on, to post their Avatars. I don't know about the rest of you but I always know instantly who's chatting by scrolling down and viewing the avatars on the page. One long page of the members avatars who are no longer with us, our own moving wall.

Most of the early AK'ers remember him from even before AK. A true cornerstone and building block of our little world has left the building. I am sure him and Tiffany are growing roses at this very moment.

Great no nonsense attitude. Most album buys are a click of the button ...with toasted almond I went down to the P.O., bought a money order .... wrote his name on it .... wrote his name on the envelope ... stamp and in the chute.

A much more personal ritual than paypal

May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

After reading this thread in it's entirety, I concur that the world of the living has lost a good and decent man. Their numbers grow fewer with each day.
I read once of an Indian belief that no man is truly gone until all whose lives he touched have gone on as well.

I too experienced TA's "ship first, payment later" policy. Sometimes records would arrive almost the same time I sent the check. It make a guy feel special to be trusted that much without ever having met.

I too was in that group where the records shipped at the same time as I was advised of the cost. As a gesture of thanks I used to ship the empty packs back to him as he never charged but I knew they did not grow on trees.

Sad news to say the least, i know from reading posts he was the one of the vinyl kings of AK, my condolences to the family and friends and ak members who knew him.

Met him years back at an AK fest. Great guy. He'll be missed. Prayers for his family.

Back
Top Bottom