R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

@BillWojo: I know what it's like to wish you had spent more time with someone, but you assumed everything was going to be OK. It can weigh on a person. I am convinced that good folks like George would never want us to have such a thought haunt our memory of them. If you are feeling any guilt at all, free yourself from it. I know George would want you to.

George convinced me that my barn find (literally!) Mariah LS2s were worth restoring; so glad I listened to him. May he RIP. Sounds like he was a fine and generous dude.

I just found out,too.I once found three Sony Metal tapes unopened.I ended up selling them here and gave the proceeds to a charity that had been involved with his daughter.Such a class guy.RIP TA.

thank you to all of you
Today I came home from work and had a card in the mail with all the junk. I knew it had to be from someone at AK because it had a Jimi Hendrix's stamp on it but I didn't have my reading glasses on so I was like who's sending me what. Got in the house, tossed the junk and got my glasses and opened the card, it was a thank you card and hand written note and memorial card from Teresa and Stephanie, and look a Pink flower.

View attachment 735067

It reminds me of these....

View attachment 735068 View attachment 735069

I am very very touched by getting this in the mail, although I wish it didn't take time money and energy from Teresa or Stephanie in their time of need and pain.

thank you so much f
Today I came home from work and had a card in the mail with all the junk. I knew it had to be from someone at AK because it had a Jimi Hendrix's stamp on it but I didn't have my reading glasses on so I was like who's sending me what. Got in the house, tossed the junk and got my glasses and opened the card, it was a thank you card and hand written note and memorial card from Teresa and Stephanie, and look a Pink flower.

View attachment 735067

It reminds me of these....

View attachment 735068 View attachment 735069

I am very very touched by getting this in the mail, although I wish it didn't take time money and energy from Teresa or Stephanie in their time of need and pain.

Having lost my Florence to cancer last year I have some idea of what you are going through and it is not good. May He give you both strength.

To the Jerseygrands...

welcome.gif

I bought a Sony tape deck from George and he was gracious enough to ship it to me even though his ad stated that shipping was not available. From reading all of the stories and sentiments shared here it is clear that he was an extraordinary gentleman. May he be resting in peace.

Back
Top Bottom