Raccoon that Wooger!

Do you remember this phrase?

• Total voters

Justen

Send Lawyers,Guns & Money
Without searching, do you know the origins of this phrase? Have you even heard of it?

Seems to have fallen out of fashion...

EDIT Please answer the poll BEFORE following luvnvinyl's post!!!!

Crap, don't link it Oz. I meant to specifically point out YOU were the only one I knew who still used it!

Crap, don't link it Oz. I meant to specifically point out YOU were the only one I knew who still used it!
:lmao: You posted while I was looking up links, I didn't see that until after I posted!

SEE, I'm not the only one! :D

Wait! Is the answer to what a wooger is, in this thread?
Nope. You're gonna need to dig deep in the archives to uncover the "Wisdom of the Wooger". And you will need deep reserves of strength and honor to fully disclose the history of raccooning...

:D

Used recently in a thread, give me a minute and I'll link it...

That's probably where I read the term. Most likely haven't been around here long enough to have seen the original thread. I thought "wooger" was something like a wooly woofer, kind of like a wooly mammoth, or something like that but most likely not.:no:

I think I need to read those links.

Refresher course in AK History 101

If you go to this thread, you'll get the definitive answer.

BTW, here is a pic of the L300's which spawned the immortal phrase. Ebayer selling these JBL's meant to say the drivers needed 'reconing', but it came out 'racooning'.

Attachments

• Raccoon those Woogers.jpg
    Raccoon those Woogers.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 30
BTW, it has been a while since these made an appearance.

Attachments

• racoon_them_woogers.jpg
    racoon_them_woogers.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 25
  • racoon_them_woogers2.jpg
    racoon_them_woogers2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 23
Haven't seen it used here in a while, but I remember it well from back in my pre-posting, just-lurking days, and it was still in use for a while after I started posting, too. Eventually just sort of fell out of fashion or something (too many new members?) but I still use it to myself sometimes, when I find speakers like that. Seemed to be one of those "inside terms" that identified an AKer, back then. I recall pdba and I chuckling over the phrase when he first visited here in Hong Kong and we went around looking at old gear, including some woogers that needed racooning! Unfortunately or otherwise, I think the phrase is set pretty permanently to live on in my mind, whether it is actively used here or not. A bit like one of those advertising jingles that you never really forget.

Back
Top Bottom