RANT: Shamelessly predjuging the Dukes of Hazzard movie

OK, here is some info from IMDB.com.

There were a total of 309 "General Lee" cars (some of them were 1968 and 1970 model Dodges) created and mostly destroyed during the series. About 20, in various states of disrepair, still exist.

They crashed a lot of cars filming this show. Replacing the police sedans was easy - replacing the old Dodge Chargers ("General Lee") was not as they weren't made anymore. It got to the point where producers would spot a Charger on the street and would approach the owner and offer to buy it on the spot.

Yep. Was gonna put that Walter Mattau was in it, too. That's the only movie I ever saw Sorrell Booke in. He supposedly was VERY talented when it came to accents-Sandy G.

heathkit tv said:
How about Burt in White Lightning and the sequel Gator? Both similar flavors. Now what movie am I thinking of that had him and I think Karen Black with a line about "shaky puddin"?

Shaky Puddin was from White Lightning

Scott

Sorrel Booke was also in A Fine Madness with Sean Connery (along with John Fielder who everyone knows on sight and is familiar with his voice over of Piglet in the Winnie the Pooh cartoons). Even Uncle Fester is in this! I spooked Connery good while working on Presidio with him by coming up from behind and saying in a high pitched voice (like Fielder's character from this film) "Oh Mr. Shillitoe!" (which was a running gag throughout the film)

I worked with one of the picture car wrangler/mechanics that was on the Dukes show and he told me that when the show started the price of those cars was nothing special, but once the series got going the prices kept going thru the roof.....it got to the point that whenever he called on an ad for one the owner would often ask if he was from the show! The last season they built a mid engined car that would pop wheelies all day long but they never used it in the show. Instead it sometimes makes the rounds as an exhibition car at various drag strips.

Lastly James Best is still alive and working. He's one of the most underrated talents out there and his role on Dukes was a waste of his abilities although he probably made more money and got more recognition for that than anything else he's done.

Anthony

SPL db said:
Shaky Puddin was from White Lightning

Scott

That's what I thought, but for some reason I remember Karen Black as being the actress....but she wasn't in that movie. I don't remember the character's name but it probably was one of the following: Jennifer Billingsley, Louise Latham, Diane Ladd, Stephanie Burchfield, Barbara Muller, or Sherry Boucher. None of who I know of except for Diane Ladd. Man, memory is a tricky, um, a, uh, what were we talking about?

Anthony

When I saw the trailer at the thaeter I was thinkling "Didn't they already make this movie? Wasn't it so bad that the DVD wasn't worth the rental price?" Then I rememered it was Starsky and Hutch.

I have about as much hope for this.

As for the Chargers, the ones used in the slow motion in flight scenes I am sure they are going to have, are probably steel cages with fiber glass shells on them, using a real Charger would be too dangerous. What happened to all the Coronets? Maybe they will trash a few of those. Nobody would know.

I thought you guys were pulling my leg about the Honeymooners remake (Homey-mooners?) and then I saw the trailer...

GAAAAK! (imagine the sound of somebody strangling a flock of ducks)

I'd rather watch an Adam Sandler movie as it would be less painfull. OTOH, I could save the rental fee and slam my hand in the car door a few times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom