RCA ECL82 matched quad and Viva tubes.....?

slimecity

Hi there

Wondering if anyone has used this vendor. Viva Tubes?

Wondering also if this looks OK also - these 4 x ECL82 RCA types (not sure if these are new production or not).

https://www.vivatubes.com/true-nos-...exico-6bm8-ecl82-gray-plate-get-vacuum-tubes/

Has anyone heard these tubes themselves?

I have a pioneer SA400 tube amp with all original tubes and want to refresh all of these. Hoping for some good but cost-effective tubes. I will also need them sent to NZ, so that is another cost I need to consider......

thanks!

Last edited:
Chances are they aren't matched for cathode current at operating voltage. Which is more important than matching them for Gm IMO. 99% of these places put them on a Tube tester and call it good. Ask which tester they tested these on. I'd trust a TV-7 more than others, but it's still a fractional voltage compared to actual amp voltages. I'd contact Jim McShane and see if he has a quad of Domestic's (he tests them for output at real world voltages and matches the cathode currents on a custom built test jig) or if you're not adverse to Russian tubes, some of those.

Thanks Larry - Im not averse to Russian tubes - if Jim reckons they sound good, I will take his word on that!

Back
Top Bottom