Rca pro-x880av ??

RickeyM

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
A.K.A. the Optimus 77 with the Kevlar/fiberglass(?) woofer. Has anyone any experience with these? I've got my eye on a pair.

After hearing the Pro-88AV version of these, with a bit of midrange cut and an absorber panel placed behind them, I've got serious love for these "big brothers" of the Minimus 7. I've deduced that the Pro-880 is more closely related to the Pro-440AV and the Pro-440 have a very good rep. I have a couple of pairs of the Optimus 77's and I do like their sound, I just think the Linaeum tweeters sound better than the traditional Minimus domes.

Here they are!

I think these are the last models of the line that RS sold. They sound like the rest of the line, too much midrange.
They actually use different woofers and tweeters than the Pro-X88AV. There is a slight difference in the cabs as well. I haven't A/B's the two yet. A second order x-o on the woofer & tweet and a Zobel on the woofer will be the first things to get done. They actually used a piece of fabric inside the grill. I wonder how that affects the sound.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Neeto looking woofers, an under-lapped first order network (4.7uF/.50mH) and a much wider Linaeum tweeter than before.
The plan is to bring the crossover points lower and closer together.

Attachments

• F.JPG
    F.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 47
  • G.JPG
    G.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 48
  • E.JPG
    E.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I'm choking on Lineaum speakers. I have a pair Pro X 10s, a CS-3 center channel and a pair of Pro X77 in a HT setup. I also have a couple more pairs of the X77, two sets of Pro LX5 and a pair of Pro LX 7 that I previously had in the HT. (I heard they weren't good for music but they sounded OK to me for HT) And now you guys have made me want to go out and get a pair of X880AV. Is there no end?!?

Apparently not.....

Back
Top Bottom