RCA Victor amp?

janikphoto

Lunatic Member
im working off limited info and pics, so I could use some help. I see a pair of EL84 tubes and the 12au7-friendly pair as well... but I don’t see a pair of output transformers shown. Is this a stereo amp or not?

Attachments

• AF091EB5-E30C-4924-905D-2A6746828E27.jpeg
    AF091EB5-E30C-4924-905D-2A6746828E27.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 53
Its stereo but why no chassis pics? This looks like one of those RCA 3 channel amplifiers. The transformers might actually be top side on the amp, just not shown on the diagram.

Good to know. Someone has offered this console to me for a reasonable price, and I was trying to decide if I wanted to take on the project. I have access to this photo and one from the front... no amp pics, no turntable or preamp/control pics. I saw the pairs of tubes, but didn’t think it was a three channel. I have a Motorola three channel project already, so maybe I don’t need an RCA Victor three channel project, too.

That looks very much like the RS-189B, 3-channel SE stereo using 3 6BQ5 tubes, 4 6CG7 tubes and 3 OPTs. It is an integrated amp with Loudness, Bass, Treble, Balance controls and a selector switch.

I mounted mine in a small cabinet as I had little kids at the time

RCA_SE_3-channel_EL84_Front_0.jpg

RCA_SE_3-channel_EL84_Rear_0.jpg

That looks very much like the RS-189B, 3-channel SE stereo using 3 6BQ5 tubes, 4 6CG7 tubes and 3 OPTs. It is an integrated amp with Loudness, Bass, Treble, Balance controls and a selector switch.

I mounted mine in a small cabinet as I had little kids at the time

RCA_SE_3-channel_EL84_Front_0.jpg

RCA_SE_3-channel_EL84_Rear_0.jpg

That’s a pretty neat piece! It makes me want to finish out my Motorola now!

Back
Top Bottom