Realistic is back!

Hello
You are aware that the ongoing sale is due to RS closing more stores, if not the last ones that are open??

f6c.jpg

Do you know who makes retro speaker above?

they used to make nice looking equipment - I think AKAI was one the manufacturers.
Does anyone have knowledge about their history?

I don't know, but I have a suspicion that it's essentially the same speaker as the Marshall Kilburn one that's been around for a bit. The control panel is laid out the same and rear ports are the same shape (ovoid) and in exactly the same spot.

IMG_3398.JPG

I too think Radio Shack's demise is imminent, but it was neat to see them bring back Realistic, if only for a bit. I have several of their old receivers and speakers and like them very much. My understanding is RS designed nearly all of their Realistic gear in house and had it built by others. A lot of it was quite good.

Yet another version of that retro-style Bluetooth speaker:

The reviewer says the bass is boomy and even with the treble turned all the way up, it doesn't sound very bright.

Well, I couldn't resist. I know it's 'Realistic' in name only, but I picked up one of the retro BT speakers. How's it sound? It's no two channel replacement, but it actually sounds pretty good. Certainly good enough for background or desktop music.

The RadioShack website doesn't list dimensions, but it's ~10"W x 6"H x 6"D

FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Another Rat-Shack closing here last week. I picked up 100 feet of 16awg speaker wire for 10. bucks.
Will I ever use it maybe not, but at that price I said what the hell.

Best-

Boozehound

Back
Top Bottom