Realistic Mach 1

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by cp2buy, Aug 10, 2011.

1. cp2buy

cp2buy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Is $120 for a set of Realistic Mach 1's a good bargin Model 40-4024A ?? Good condition but one speaker does not have the grill. thanks

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. buffdaddy

buffdaddy Buck Swopes Stereoworld

I sold my set last year for $175 with both woofers being refoamed and grills and cabinets in pretty good condition if that is of any help.

3. cubby01

cubby01 aka Buck Subscriber

If the foam surrounds are original expect to need spend some cash to replace them. At least 25$ if you diy, much more if you have it done. If they need surrounds and are missing a grill the price is too high for me personally, YMMV.

4. strat10

strat10 Well-Known Member

5. stereofanboy

stereofanboy Addicted Member

Shouldn't need to replace the foam on 4024A. It's the foam on 4029s that rots. I sold one pair for $125 and one pair for $95. The guy that paid $95 drove about six hours one way to pick them up.

6. cubby01

cubby01 aka Buck Subscriber

Oops, yes I wasn't paying attention. Mine are 4029's (foam), the earlier 4024's are rubber material which will last.

7. Aldo

Aldo Show me the silver!!

I think that is a fair price, they are pretty good speakers, and look good without the grilles anyway. :smoke:

8. cp2buy

cp2buy AK Subscriber Subscriber

They look very nice but not having one grill is a killer. I wonder how hard it would be to fine a grill?

9. icenine

icenine Super Member

Test them out and if you like the sound offer a $100 because of the missing grill....
    I have the 4029s.....I love these speakers and my grills are out in the garage do not even miss them....

10. getright99

getright99 least likely to succeed

the woofers have a cool spiral thing going on so they look good without the grilles. if the surrounds are good $120 is ok imo.