Realistic STA-120B Service Manual

Mark Perry

I am a big fan of the sta-120b. I have 4 of them, one of which has been basically on since 1973. An occasional uninformed house guest will shut it off but that is soon remedied. It's ironic that one of Radio Shack's sales bits for this receiver was the plug in boards for ease of servicing. I have had no issues in 45 years of near continuous use beyond replacing the slide volume controls and the dial lights. I do have a Radio Shack published service manual as well as the Sam's MHF-52 which detail the alignment procedures as well as parts lists and board layouts with complete circuit diagrams. The RS document is a little more comprehensive. One thing I have discovered is that the serial number ink stamped on the chassis has no apparent bearing on the serial number sticker on the bottom of the unit. There has been some discussion about the output power. The service manual states this to be 30 watts per channel.

Hello,
I've inherited my father's Realistic sta- 120b which he purchased new in the early 70's. Still seems to work fine apart from having a really balky and stiff Treble knob.
Would you be interested in sharing or making available the service manuals?
I've been looking elsewhere on-line and it's apparently hard to come by.
It's very clean and well cared for. Also have the original Realistic Optimus IV(?) grilled floor speakers w the cushion seats.
Debating what to do with them...
Thanks!

Mark Perry, Radiosky, Welcome to AK. Mark Perry you can put up the service manuals for the 120B in the Digital Docs here on AK., and at HiFIEngine.com. Have seen a few posts here, looking for the service manual. Radio Shack made some great stuff.

Welcome to AK. I like my 120B. Yes the hard to find manuals would be nice.

Attachments

• P5090001.JPG
    P5090001.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 22
Hi everyone, new guy here,
Good to see the 120B has such a following, I'd also be interested in a copy of the service manual. Also my tape monitor switch went out anyone know a source for these?
I also have a sta-2100D very good working order, 2- realistic 500 turntables, a couple cassettedecks, and 8-track, nova 8 speakers. Realistic/ Radio Shack did have some good gear back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom