Realistic STA 200 Blackface find, a question,,,,,

Service info is in Sams MHF-112. Web search may turn up a copy - some of these turn up on eBay. I probably have it, but the binding makes these hard to scan and line drawings are very fine, may not reproduce well.

Opps! Sorry, that's the STA2000 - the 200 didn't make it into Sams

Last edited:
OK, here are pics of the STA 200 I have. In the second pic there is the square white (resistor?) soldered on the board. On the 2 wires , white, and white/black stripe, I get 19.4 volts and the same on all 4 fuse recepticles, and I get 0 volts on the resistor. Is this due to a bad resistor or the lack of having good lamps in the fuse lamp recepticles? I dunno. I can replace like parts but don't have the knowledge to determine suitable replacements. 3rd pic shows light board without lamps in, and 4th just shows how clean this unit is,, all I cleaned was just deoxing the controls. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.View attachment 774198
View attachment 774199 View attachment 774200 View attachment 774201

Hi
please help me
my realistic sta-200 powe amplifier replaced with other transistor
not find in the net online service manual or pic the power amp for find orginal transistors

please take a picture the power amplifier transistor for find the orginal transistor

thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to AudioKarma - - -

You need to add a little more information, like the part number of the original transistor or the circuit designator from the schematic or what it is labeled on the board.

I know this is an old thread, but I picked up some 14v LED fuse lamps for my STA-200 and and they seem to work great. That was after trying several resistor/incandescent lamp combinations that failed to accomplish the job, The LED lamps, soft white, seem to be close to the correct intensity. I'm using 5 watt 10 ohm and 2 ohm resistors in series and they barely get warm.

Here's an easy solution for the STA-200 dial lights: I did some quick calculations and settled on 8V, 20mA warm white, LED, fuse lamps - just needed to change out the 10 ohm 5 watt resistor for a 180 ohm, 2 watt resistor (1 watt would be OK but 2 watt gives some margin). Looks great on mine and the resistor doesn't get too hot . . .

Rich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom