Realistic STA-2100D Repair and Restoration

Today I initiated a credit card charge dispute. And my brother is a lawyer who works in the District Attorney's Office in Clark County (Las Vegas), NV. He is now on the case in neighboring CO. Noah has written me emails to say that it will take a couple of weeks longer (twice) and that "You paid for a high-end restoration, not your average recap and some guys garage here. The reason we publish our work is so customer have a appreciation and understanding. Im disappointed here and typically work with a different of customer." Then two weeks later, June 4, "Please remember here bud, you can call our office any time, emails are time consuming and I spend 99% of my time on the bench but I do apologize greatly for missing your emails here. I have the 990 here wrapping up I think were less than a week and half out on here, two at mosts. Please call me here Michael if you would like to discuss anything." I have since emailed and called twice without a response. The frustration is mounting by the minute. I hope he does a Google search and finds his name and this post.

Today I initiated a credit card charge dispute. And my brother is a lawyer who works in the District Attorney's Office in Clark County (Las Vegas), NV. He is now on the case in neighboring CO. Noah has written me emails to say that it will take a couple of weeks longer (twice) and that "You paid for a high-end restoration, not your average recap and some guys garage here. The reason we publish our work is so customer have a appreciation and understanding. Im disappointed here and typically work with a different of customer." Then two weeks later, June 4, "Please remember here bud, you can call our office any time, emails are time consuming and I spend 99% of my time on the bench but I do apologize greatly for missing your emails here. I have the 990 here wrapping up I think were less than a week and half out on here, two at mosts. Please call me here Michael if you would like to discuss anything." I have since emailed and called twice without a response. The frustration is mounting by the minute. I hope he does a Google search and finds his name and this post.

That story is almost word for word the excuses he gives me.

Wow I’m glad I decided to do a little research before I sent my receiver to this guy. I just got off the phone with Noah thirty minutes ago. I was reviewing the contract and invoice of service when I thought I better see if I can find any info on this guy.

I was taken in by the nice write ups on his blog but was leery of the upfront payment. I was okay with the wait time he quoted of 5-6 months but it sounds like I would be lucky to ever see my Pioneer ever again.

Hope everyone’s situation turns out well and thanks for posting y’all’s experiences so others don’t make the same mistake.

The scam goes on. After Noah agreed to send back the unit (upon receiving a "Demand Letter" from me to return my personal property or I would file criminal and civil charges...which I am about to do) he insisted that I send a pre-paid label via FedEx. It was done early today, and he simply wasn't home when FedEx came to his house. It is now planned for tomorrow. Will keep you informed of any progress.

The scam goes on. After Noah agreed to send back the unit (upon receiving a "Demand Letter" from me to return my personal property or I would file criminal and civil charges...which I am about to do) he insisted that I send a pre-paid label via FedEx. It was done early today, and he simply wasn't home when FedEx came to his house. It is now planned for tomorrow. Will keep you informed of any progress.

Keep on him. I was almost relentless when I was demanding my units back. Almost to the point where he could of called it harassment. Every line of bs he came up with I just called him out on it.
I'm willing to be that guy for everyone.
I'll help anyway I can to get everyone's gear back. I'm not going to just let it go even though I got my units back.
No one jerks me around and talks to me the way he did. I won't just let it go.

FedEx confirmed they picked up a package from Noah Schumacher's address today, and he confirmed via email that Fedex picked it up. It arrives on Friday, and I will check to see that it is the same unit I sent to him, unmolested. After a few emails from Noah about how he was only about a week to two weeks out, just waiting for some relays on backorder, I asked him this morning if he had performed any work on my unit. He replied,"No, there wasn't enough time." I filed a complaint with the BBB of Wisconsin, the office that is handling all complaints about Schumacher. Like WoO18 says, keep after him and don't be nice. Insist you want the return of your property or will file charges. Or simply go ahead and contact the police and DA office. This guy is a total scammer.

Considering he’s a proven scammer. I’m amazed he’s still allowed to advertise on that FB site.

I wonder if FB would block him if they are conclusively shown that he scams people? I can't seem to find any other places that he advertises than FB. I feel bad for his customers who have given up both their money and audio equipment because they don't want the hassle. He's a nasty piece of work with his email responses and some people just give up.

Last edited:
These horror stories sound like the same crap I went through with this loser and my Fisher 800C. Excuse after excuse. He screamed at me on the phone after I told him that the damage was not caused by UPS. I would have strangled his little weasel neck if he’d yelled at me to my face. I posted all over Facebook about my dealings with him and got blocked and banned. I posted pictures of the garbage “repairs” he did and people said I was lying and there was no way he would have done the things he did. He is a con artist and has alot of people fooled. He even tried to keep my original tubes, saying they were bad and replaced them with cheap replacements. I had all the tubes checked by a professional before I sent it to him, so I knew he was lying. I only got my original tubes back after I told him I would leave him alone if he sent them and even that took a few tries. It sucks that people messaged me with similar stories but didn’t want to put their name out there for fear of being kicked off FB pages. They’d rather let other people be screwed over than get kicked off a FB page? I went through all of this mess a year ago and felt like I was completely on my own. I ate close to a grand and still have a tube Fisher receiver sitting on a shelf that I cannot use.
Feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to be included in any action against that punk.

Hello BITL,

I paid him $1275 to restore 3 receivers. 2 Pioneer sx-828 and 1 Harmon Kardon 930. That was back in September of last year. I wanted to cancel 1 day later but he told me that he had already bought the parts and it would cost me $520 of the $1275. Like an idiot I relented and told him to go ahead with the repairs after he said it would take only 3-4 months at the most and that the 6 months stated on the contract was just for a cushion. After starting to question him as to the status after 3 months I found that he moved to Boulder Colorado. After him lying to me several times as to the status including telling me that they were finished in March of this year. 6 months were up on 3/28 of this year. After April 26th I filed 3 complaints against him because they weren't finished and since he had my equipment and money I became proactive with the complaints. The 3 complaints were the BBB of Boulder/ Denver Colorado, the Attorney General of Colorado consumer fraud division and a chargeback complaint to my credit card company. He received the complaints at some point in May and finally put the receivers on the bench at around the 17th of May after him telling me that they were finished in March and he needed 48 hours for burning in. In the meantime my cc company investigated my complaint and issued me a chargeback credit to my cc for the $1275. That pissed him off because he didn't have my money but he had my equipment. That correlated to about the time he "finished" working on my equipment and posting them on his blog. I instructed the cc company to reverse the credit on May 24th and on June 20th the money was sent back to his account. At that point he sent me the equipment. Out of the three receivers only one works properly and it still has some slight bugs. The tuners on the other two don't work properly and the Harmon Kardon (one of the non-working ones) was damaged due to his poor repacking. It was loose in the box. I promptly took them to a local AKer to so he could get them to work proper. Now he still hasn't got his money from his cc processor. It's a company called SQUARE. I have all the proper verification that shows the money has been debited out of my account but he still thinks it's my responsibilty to pay him another $1275. It's small claims and he will come out to my county in Washington state to file the complain. That's where it stands with this lying little cheat. He has a FB page along with Adam Tara called "My Stereo Gear".On July 14th Adam Tara wanted members of the page to post success stories with Noah. So far nobody has posted any success stories. Only 2 posts of members stating that they have gear with him. The page Marantz-Vintage has banned him from any perceived advertising. This was after a thread was posted by burned customers of his like yourself. That was taken down after a few days but the admin said that any advertising by Noah was not allowed. He still posts on the " Repair, Restore or Scrap it " facebook page and a few others.

Add me to the list of victims...

I paid Noah on 10/5/17, and he received my Marantz 2275 in November 2017 at his "new" address in Boulder CO. I have had numerous ETAs, the first time being February 2018. I still don't have my receiver back. I also noticed on Zillow that the home listed as Noah's address, 605 Left Fork Rd, Boulder, CO 80302 sold on 6/19/18. He still is responding to my inquiries, and can't believe he continues to make comments shuch as "Frankly Cliff I found your lack of patience here a bit off point of the entire process here." I'd definitely be interested on combining efforts to track him down, perhaps sharing attorney expenses to file civil and criminal charges where appropriate.

Last edited:
How did you pay him? If by credit card you can file a credit card dispute and get your money back. Getting your equipment back is a little more problematic. You can file a better business bureau complaint and a complaint to the ag of Colorado consumer fraud division. I would write it out first in ms word or some other word processor then copy and paste to the form provided by both agencies. I don't know where he is living now after the sale of the boulder home. He doesn't do good and thorough work under pressure and that's what he was under when he worked on mine due to the complaints. Feel free to im me and leave your phone number if you want to talk. If you contact him again maybe you can ask for his current address.

Update to my experience with Noah... I did initiate a CC dispute since another ETA has passed unfulfilled. Once he found out about that, Noah send me an email cursing me out, threatening to keep my unit and/or drag this matter out another 180 days. What a character he is... geeezzzzzzz!

I'd suggest the others considering him for work, to reconsider, and for those that have already sent him equipment that he has missed repair dates, to consider disputing too. I expect from my experience and those shared by others, this will not turn out nice. :-(

He'd been masquerading in Fred Heinz' Sansui group as well: under the name "Steve Wa Nuck".
The thing I didn't understand, though, about his behavior (especially across FB) was: why he made himself -while under his own name- vaguely appear sometimes as if he were a German based in Germany? [The biggest marketplace for Marantz in Europe is The Netherlands, anyhow.]
At first, I'd thought he (actually) was, and...had some kind of gear-swapping arrangement with the German chiropractor over there running a FB Marantz group(?); however, it was very surprising to learn the rather "schizoid" truth about the whole thing.
Whether Tara is Schumacher's "partner-in-crime" is unclear. The thing with Tara on FB I can attest to is, that, all the guy EVER seems to post about is how: "Marantz speakers" are so great -and *rare*:crazy:- because (late, ex-JBL engineer) Ed May -apparently?: the only speaker designer Tara ever heard of?- tweaked the crossovers on them (after Superscope just imported all "white box" driver units from MITSUBISHI:rflmao:). The guy is so ridiculously one-note over this topic, it's a joke.
I mean: why wouldn't somebody just buy the genuine article of an Ed May-engineered speaker ("in-house" and American-built) if they liked his approach so much(?). If one can't tell the difference in the worth -not fleeting "value"...*worth*- of pre-Harman JBL workmanship of the '50s and '60s; compared to: a (non Yamaha "NS") speaker having materials sourced from '70s Japan conglomerates whose "value" is solely the fantasy of Internet auctions...then, THAT really is audioFOOLERY:whip:.

As far as I can tell, he's good old fashioned poor, white, American, drug addicted trash. The clown tried to take me for $475 to do some work, but for whatever reason I just had a bad feeliy the next day and tried to pull out of the prepaid deal. He was a total punk about it and eventually demanded I send him both my Marantz units. The one I hadn't even talked to him about working on. I'd briefly auggesugg selling it to him to offset the cost of the other.
I'm the guy that made the posts on Facebook in the Sansui and Marantz groups at the beginning of July. I'm not going to do nothing while he continues to cycle through business names and aliases. This guy needs to be famous for what he does. He took me for a little, but I know he's taken many more for much more.

Back
Top Bottom