Realistic STA-2290

Embryos

realistic.jpg Hello and how are y'all. I am hoping to get some opinions on a potential purchase. I have the chance to pick up a Realistic STA-2290 receiver locally in excellent condition for $100. The unit has supposedly been cleaned and serviced inside and out and works flawlessly. There is one small push button missing, which seems to be a common issue on these things from what I have seen. I didn't have a particular desire for this receiver, didn't even know of its existence till today, but I saw the thing in my local classifieds and, well you know how that goes! So, $100, do you think its a good buy?
thank you!

Last edited:
If I were in the market for a near 100 watt receiver I would consider it. This unit came out in the early 80's and the build quality was still decent. Some don't like the styling because it's digital and the button vs switches thing, but I think they sound nice. They have pretty good bottom end. Shouldn't be flabby in the bass. Should sound fairly tight with fairly crisp highs. Of course your speakers will playa bigger role, but the receiver will also effect the sound.

Sorry, just noticed the date. My response wasn't exactly timely :(

Allen

Back
Top Bottom