Really slow during replies/quotes?

whoaru99

Epic Member
For the last week or two, while posting from my (Android) phone using Chrome, the phone becomes super laggy while trying to type replies here on AK. Seems, and perhaps just coincidentally, it's when I've quoted someone and trying to reply that way.

Anyone else noticed that type of behavior?

Maybe you have reached the usage thresh hold that triggers slow down.

Unlimited on the phone, at least in theory and besides it's on the home WiFi.

The hotspot has a cut back after a certain amount of data but this is purely phone and it does not occur every time.

It's almost like something kicks in and hogs up all the resources, and it seems only when trying to type in a post where I've quoted someone. Don't ever recall it on new or non-quoted reply. :idea: :dunno:

Last edited:
very interesting considering I have read that there will be monitoring and bandwidth limiting on the internet now that the fcc has ok'd this.

Hard to say but, FWIW, this is the WiFi speed on my phone, with a Netflix stream running on the same network/router/cable modem.

Screenshot_2018-03-29-20-12-38.png

Yes it happens to me quite often at home with my Comcast internet connection (which I pay way too much for). In my case it doesn’t matter if it’s a reply with a quote or not, it just seems to happen for no apparent reason. The system slows down to the point where the words I’m typing stop appearing on the screen, then after a about 10 seconds or so everything I’ve typed starts showing up. Sometimes the screen just goes blank and everything reloads with the message “an error has occurred and the page was reloaded”. I always assumed it was because I’m forced to use Comcast in my area and everything goes through a cable connection which can have heavy traffic from other users in the neighborhood. It happens on my iPad 2 fairly often and even on my Windows desktop occasionally. Never happens at work which is all fiber optic.

Back
Top Bottom