Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Harman / Kardon hk870 I just restored. Nice amp.
HK870-2780.jpg

20160904_002824.jpg 20160904_002759.jpg 20160811_005444.jpg

Another rare amplifier, and it's a beast at around 60 lbs, 200 watts/channel, @8ohms, doubles down into 4ohms, and 800watts bridged so 2ohm stable.

Sporting another set of huge cans.

Last edited:
Bryston 3B and 4B preparing for repair, damn I hate those edge connectors.
a5b0797a5b753a2f060c4986da388d60_zpslqsmwzii.jpg

QSC USA1310 One channel out of chassis doing a thorough cleaning.
10A0666F-791B-4E65-A92C-4D1E825090F1_zpsebewgca8.jpg

McIntosh MC30 mid resto
B7FF60BB-BAE9-4871-AD0D-F9B397FC04FF_zpsgpebxlgd.jpg

Yamaha P2201 Faceplate straightening and preventative maintenance (caps, bias etc....)
DSCN1193_zps7y0q5wfc.jpg

Yamaha P2200 Major resto, bent chassis, bent heatsink fins, caps, etc...
aa49558a557f87ebd0afb8ec9202e22d_zpsshecm0go.jpg

Here's my Eico 3150 Cortina Series just after a De-oxit. I love mirror circuit layout arranged top/ bottom.
In the top three of the solid states I've owned. When Eico decided to go silicon they really did their homework.
dscn1933e.jpg

dscn1937x.jpg

dscn2545m.jpg

View from top
dscn2547c.jpg

View from under
dscn2550m.jpg

Thank you JG for a job well done!
Here's my Eico 3150 Cortina Series just after a De-oxit. I love mirror circuit layout arranged top/ bottom.
In the top three of the solid states I've owned. When Eico decided to go silicon they really did their homework.
dscn1933e.jpg

dscn1937x.jpg

dscn2545m.jpg

View from top
dscn2547c.jpg

View from under
dscn2550m.jpg

Thank you JG for a job well done!

I use the Fuse LEDS to replace Dial lights. they worked GREAT and will never need replacing. I would like to find the CEO of Sanyo so I can kick him for making the solder points under the 2 power packs. Should have made the soldering below them on the other side of the board like the others do? Also as long as you are at it might as well replace all the bulbs for the selectors with LED and 1 K resistor. The Fm Stereo light may need a different resistance. If I can remember right the voltage was different at least is was on my JCX 2400KR. funny thing about that receiver is the light bulb for FM stereo was burned out and I could not get Stereo without the circuit being completed via new LED>? Strange.. these receivers are rare and should be cherished. They really overbuilt these.

Mitsubishi DA-U310 before and after getting a lotta love.

Before:
DSC_0817.JPG

After:
DSC_0960.JPG

Completely stipped down out of chassis to be cleaned in my tub with disinfectant and hot water, full recap aside from filter caps, fixed the bodged LED VU meter conversion to be as overkill as possible, and just in general given the love it deserves. Oustanding sounding amp, paralelle output amp. A real sleeper.

Rogers Ravensbourne.

On the picture, you see almost ALL the wiring. It has much less wiring than all old amps I have seen, about half of it belongs to the mains transformer voltage selection.....Still transformers to steer the output transistors which are underneath the amp, their legs just visible at the holes in the circuit card of the main amp..

I sold it, but I regret it since it is quite rare. Compared to a lot of other amps, this one has a very smart mechanical design.

rogersnieuw1.jpg

Ah! a Setton 220 INCLUDING the handles. Most of them on "marktplaats" the handles are missing, somehow.
Does yours have Elna-branded circuit cards, too?

As far as I can see, no, no marks anywhere. Setton of course was related to Pioneer, but as we probably all know by now, all these amps and receivers were produced with part from all over the country.

I gave this one an almost full rebuild, but it keeps having a very nasty problem. When powering it up the lights go up and down in intensity for a second or five, then it stabilizes and then the relay comes in.
But unfortunately this also happens during normal operation regularly. It starts blinking and then mostly the relay switches off, only sometimes not and then it goes back in normal operation, just until it all happens again.
Care to help me solve this one? :)

Strange. part of the lights are directly on the transformer, so if they blink the current is fluctuating. In that case, suspect the rectifiers one to be open circuit, transformer or grounding (or is it the funny protection circuit lamps fluctuating?).
Intermitting problems can be a pita, if your scope is digital then you can pretrigger for a + or - power surge measuring the power voltage using the scope.
OTOH, if the ntc in the bias circuits get unstable and a power amp channel shorts the transformer but within fuse limits and transistor fail limits, an alike situation could occur..
(As I see half a huntron tracker on your picture, I presume you did an amp channel comparison already :) ) Oh well if things get complicated and too much off topic we could pm)

Back
Top Bottom